UKBouldering.com

Poll

Did you snitch on someone you saw climbing outdoors between the 24th March & 12th May 2020

Yes - posted photos on social media
0 (0%)
Yes - named and shamed someone on social media
1 (1.8%)
Yes - reported climbers to the police
0 (0%)
Yes - reported climbers to The Daily Mail / BBC news / UKC/B / BMC
3 (5.3%)
Yes - most of the above and travelled past crags deliberately to catch people
1 (1.8%)
No - but joined in an online witch-hunt after seeing the above
4 (7%)
No - too busy breaking the lockdown myself
20 (35.1%)
What??
28 (49.1%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Did you snitch on someone climbing during the 1st lockdown phase? (Read 2557 times)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
For the purposes of complexity I've given loads of fucking options.

If you answer "yes", feel free to describe just how much vicarious righteous satisfaction you got and whether that was maybe even worth not being able to go climbing.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 12:00:14 pm by Fiend »

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Should be an option for shaming the shamers.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
You left out option "Found out via mutual friend that someone had been climbing and then wound him up by saying someone had been seen climbing by a bird spotter, photographed and reported to police"

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
I went to Almscliff but only to dig a punji pit under DWR.

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth
Should be an option for shaming the shamers.

Or a No option that shaming is only for especially serious behaviour from real idiots and/or No, I've been nowhere near a climbing crag.

Wood FT

• forum hero
A mate has been out so I've been intentionally blanking him since I found out, thing is, with the lockdown I've not seen him but I've got to stick to my principals, it's been 4 weeks of solid blanking now.

36chambers

• forum hero
I know someone, who will not be named, who having spent the entire lock down period spamming me (via messenger, instagram, pclub, etc) with shitty videos of himself lanky past hard moves on his board (I myself do not have a board), had the audacity to drive to his local crag and bombard me with pictures of himself climbing on real, full sized, rock whilst I was locked away at home being a commendable citizen.

Despite that smug bastard's best efforts, I was the better man and I rose above publicly shaming him and settled with bitching about him behind his back. So that's a no to snitching from me. :P

Murph

• forum abuser

danm

• junky
Where is the option for grassing yourself up by posting shite videos of yourself doing shite problems wearing shite coloured trousers on Youtube?

Asking for a friend knobhead

mark s

• junky
ive been up the roaches and area a few times. I went to Ramshaw one night, drove around the corner to see a cop car. could see them walking towards crank area. I set off headin straight up, they spot me and shout over. asked me where I was from and they were fine. this was what I was reading all along that driving local was ok. the vast majority including me know this virus is very serious, but some of the hysterical bull shit has really fucked me off. it seems some thing going for a walk alone is going to turn the area into a scene out of 28 days later.
I went out on sunday along the skyline and had it to myself.

some of the current outrage on ukc is a joke. how they are talking you would think a climbing potter is a 50/50 dice with death.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal