UKBouldering.com

Will Bosi has done La Capella, 9b. (Read 32720 times)

abarro81

• forum hero
Has megos OS 9a+?

No, 9a is still the max, Megos is on 2 and Ondra 3. Ondra's also flashed a 9a+.

So Megos is 4(RP - OS grade diff), same as Ondra then.
Ah yeah, forgot he'd done 9c!

A Capella, surely?
Ha, that would've been great. I thought I read that this route actually doesn't have anything to do with La Capella (apart from being at the same sector) and links into something else?

Danny

• junky
Footage of King Capella, the 9b+.

I love the phone in a shoe while climbing 9b+ vibes. Especially contrasting Ondra's full film crew while not climbing 9b+ vibes.

Danny

• junky
Feels like we might be needing a Bosi-wad thread.

Wellsy

• forum hero
Never quite sure if seeing ultrawads like that really inspires me or makes me want to eat cake, you know like just fucking stuff my face and lie on the sofa and quietly expire

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Well that's the beauty of climbing innit, it's all a personal relative challenge, pushing yourself (if you want to) at your own level. You pushing to, say, 7A+, could be just as personally exciting as Bosibeast pushing to F9b+... It's all the same procedure - inspiration, focus, effort...

Whatthedickens

Plus someone pushing to 7a+ could actually be a greater physical and mental achievement relative to their genetics and training history

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Never quite sure if seeing ultrawads like that really inspires me or makes me want to eat cake, you know like just fucking stuff my face and lie on the sofa and quietly expire

I went out with a top team from Sheff back in the day. We had an informal competition and I won! Fatboy, Picalli, DT, Jason and Gresh was there too I think. They didn't stand a chance once I hit my groove.

It was an eating competition.

Ged

• junky
Plus someone pushing to 7a+ could actually be a greater physical and mental achievement relative to their genetics and training history

I find that pretty hard to believe. I don't think many people would get stuck at 7a+ if they put in the sustained work and dedication that bosi has put in over the years.

Whatthedickens

What if yer Maw showed up at Malham and onsighted free and even easier having never climbed. Or if a 20 stone man redpointed 7a+

petejh

• forum hero
Something that hasn't ever happened nor, we can say with high likelihood, ever will happen - o/s of F&EE by someone who had literally never climbed before stepping on (presumably tied-in by someone competent..). Versus something that has happened - person who is a climber applying themselves and climbing 9b+. Not a good analogy to make your point but I get where you're coming from. #MyDawnWall etc...

Whatthedickens

It's always great to have your input Pete, how many thousand posts?What do guys like yourself get out of doing it?

petejh

• forum hero
Sorry.. :shrug:  just having a chuckle.

Not sure what a guy like myself is.

Whatthedickens

Someone who needs to be heard?I feel you

Ged

• junky
What if yer Maw showed up at Malham and onsighted free and even easier having never climbed. Or if a 20 stone man redpointed 7a+

It's not really the individual ascent that impresses me, it's everything that's gone into it. My mum could do a marathon,slowly. But personally I wouldn't find it as much of an impressive athletic achievement because she hasn't spent years and years dedicating herself to the pursuit of perfection like kipchoge has. It's knowing I'm watching the culmination of a huge amount of effort and dedication that does it for me.

Wellsy

• forum hero

I find that pretty hard to believe. I don't think many people would get stuck at 7a+ if they put in the sustained work and dedication that bosi has put in over the years.

You don't know how shit I am at climbing! If I got stuck at 7A I'd be happy :D

Nah it does give me psyche. But I have plenty of psyche. 18 months into climbing and it's not gone down yet, and watching strong climbers try really hard makes me want to try really hard. I think that ultimately that is the inspiring thing, less the training regimen and the grades, and more that you can just watch someone throw effort into what they are doing and thinking if I just really grit my teeth... I can climb hard too.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal