UKBouldering.com

Power Club 527 13th April - 19th April 2020 (Read 9273 times)

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
Anderson hangs are a good way to structure the repeaters. See previous threads for explanation.

I genuinely dont find them boring. Each set is a challenge in its own right. You just need some good music or a podcast in the background.

Murph

• forum abuser
Nothing interesting still struggling.

M-5k jog, rehab
T-tried some press ups but still shoulder not right, rehab
W-5k jog, dishes
T-dishes, rehab
F-5k jog
S-rehab stretches
S-rehab stretches

Apart from the jogging I'm not doing much at all. Good work everyone who is!

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Jesus. 1.5 hours on a fingerboard sounds so so dull.
Yeah. It's much better to spend the lockdown on morpho reachy board problems...

Indirect praise from the Nibs! A month of lock-down now feels worthwhile! 

Given that I am very weedy with no general strength, I am clinging to the hope that months of bodyweight / core floor exercises, pull-ups, TRX, long walks, and gruelling fingerboard sessions might actually improve my overall fitness (not an important consideration in the great scheme of things, but I am focussing on what I can control).  I am doing more exercise now than for any time ever (and I am still working full time).  Overall I'm deluding myself that Covid is the weird background to a block of a periodised training schedule; one that leaves me strong in fingers and core, but with awful technique! 

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
Indirect praise from the Nibs!
 ;D absolutely!

Overall I'm deluding myself that Covid is the weird background to a block of a periodised training schedule; one that leaves me strong in fingers and core, but with awful technique!
Come on, your technique abilities won't disappear in a few months! If you stick to training even after the lockdown, you'll see lots of progress.

sdm

• forum abuser
I keep meaning to do a repeaters session of weighted pull ups but don't want to do it on the day before a board session so keep struggling to fit it in.
Do your weighted pull-ups after the board session? Your board season is unlikely to have had the pull-up muscles working maximally so it should be ok to do them after.

Yossarian

• forum hero
After starting crazy commute / being resigned to 2020 being an unpleasant divorce year I pretty much gave up on training in the early weeks of the year. Thanks to a combination of train beers (a slippery slope having given up for a couple of years), rampant pasta feasts and early lockdown boozing I got on the scale the Monday before last to discover that I was a solid 104.5kg / 16.5 stone. Previous weight was around 88kg in November. I immediately decided I had to do something about this, and also that, if I’m going to push on with climbing goals from 2019 then I need to figure out a work plan that will allow more working from home and less being out of the house from 6.20am to 9pm 5 days a week. With my job contract finishing at the end of the month, I’m actually pretty syked to regain the lost fitness and figure out a new plan for making work and climbing slightly more harmonious.

M - No booze
T - Various kettlebell stuff. However much I warm up I always find KB swings cause horrid tight hamstrings and John Wayne walk. KB press felt ok.
Fingerboard - took this very gently, standing on scales, etc. I’ve previously struggled with enthusiasm for half crimping, often slumping into a chisel, so trying to be stricter about this from now on.
Pull-ups - could only manage 5x - previously 10-12. Managed 5 sets just.
Pushups also felt hard.
W - Had planned to run, but legs felt a bit weird. Did some more KB, including goblet squats (I never did any leg stuff previously, but had noticed for a while that I was weak at pushing up on one leg on slabs, etc at the wall, so will try to work on this. Did some dumbbell lunges - legs felt very weird and wobbly after that.
T - Woke up pretty much unable to walk. Rest.
F - Fingerboard - felt a bit less uncomfortable, but still fairly desperate.
10x 5xpullups
S - 50 KB press, 100 push-ups, flexor and extensor curls (not really done before, going to try to stick with them now), triceps extension, some hanging knee raises, etc
S - Another fingerboard session. 10x sets of 6 pull-ups (feeling better), some biceps / hammer curls, bit of stretching.

Weight down to 102.0kg by Monday morning. Had been intending to run, but might start that when I’m a little lighter. Have been doing intermittent fasts (sorry Nibs) including a few days of 22-23 hours.

Have new lead re timber supply for our garden board - fingers crossed. If we can get that built then I’m pretty optimistic about ploughing on with lots of training through the summer, and then making space for a version 2 of the board in the garage for the winter. Pretty clear we’re unlikely to be selling the house / separating this year, so may as well make the most of it...

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
Take. Your. Time. And. Don't. Rush. Things.
Think. Long. Term.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal