UKBouldering.com

Power Club 527 13th April - 19th April 2020 (Read 9274 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Tues: Board Day \o/ AM: 1 hour session. 1min on 3min off. Did some new problems!! PM: Tried to do a fingerboard session - gave up. Trashed!

Weds: 1 arm day. Half pull ups on smaller holds to warm up. Sets of 1 arm hangs with decreasing assistance from -15kg to -6kg (new record). Much more in control - making some stready gains here. Then moved back up adding weight assistance. Final set moving to 7 secs on 3 off instead of 5.

Friday: Board day. AM: 1 x 40 min board session. Again 1min on, 3 off. Did a cool new problem that felt nails earlier. Started to fade after 25/30 min. PM: Second 1 x 40 min board session. HARD - but spent time on large hold problems (jugs) and working keeping hips in.

Sat: 1 arm day. 3 x1arm -15kg (full assist) On the end set could slowly rotate whilst hanging - from under to open (whilst shoulder engaged and arm bent) - felt weird but cool!  1x 1arm pullup with -22kg assist. Felt a bit silly with that much assistance. didnt do any more. 3 x 1arm with -8kg assist (tired at end but felt fine). 2x 1arm -6kg. Managed 2 sets - faded rapidly on second. 2x 1 arm -15kg 7 secs holds - hard at end.

Sun: Early afternoon board session. NEW HOLDS! Some small wooden crimps from PeeWee.. incut but biggest was maybe 20mm? Hard session.. faded very fast core went for the last ten min. Had to adjust holds that were set as sidepulls.... Narrow board at 50+ degrees means I can't get my feet out wide enough to use them.. might have to set them as presses..

Good week. Board is hard - session fitness not great - but that was the case when I was on the 50's at the depot etc.. it got better. Hopefully getting some larger wooden holds this week so a bit more variety. Really pleased with steady one arm hang progress. Gone from tweaky feeling really hard - to feeling quite steady - and dropping the weight needed for the assist. Another 4 weeks and I might not need any assistance (for a couple of seconds!)...

I'm also doing some light shoulder weights and negative wrist curls every night. And the Joe Wicks thing every weekday morning... so actually doing quite alot of stuff at the moment!

Wood FT

• forum hero
Sets of 1 arm hangs with decreasing assistance from -15kg to -6kg (new record).

Good progress, Tom  8). What size edge we talking?

mr chaz

• obsessive maniac
Nice one TT.

Goals: Some form of exercise everyday, end lockdown fitter.

M. 2 arm hangs x 20s, emphasis on working front/back 3 half crimp.

T. 20 minute HIIT with some kettlebell moves thrown in.

W. Repeaters x 2 sets.

T. 20 minute HIIT

F. Not a lot of ‘exercise’ :chair: did squeeze in some hip mobility work though

S. 15 minute HIIT. Max one arm hangs. Felt well rested and strong. Still using 7kg on the pulley.

S. Made some new holds from the few offcuts I had lying around, went better than expected for a first try with minimal tools (drill, saw and sand paper) and ended up with 2 nice 20mm edges and a 30mm rounded edge. Followed by 20 minutes of HIIT.

tomtom

• forum hero
Sets of 1 arm hangs with decreasing assistance from -15kg to -6kg (new record).

Good progress, Tom  8). What size edge we talking?

Deep slot... (30mm?) but not a jug. Not the benchmark lattice / BM edge etc.. Aim is to get the shoulder stable and arm bent on this - then move to a smaller hold.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Deep slot on a BM is 50mm isn't it?

tomtom

• forum hero
Deep slot on a BM is 50mm isn't it?
Dunno. It’s a 1K. Quite possibly. Chose that instead of a jug - as you can’t pinch the hold or use your thumb to help stop twist. A starting point anyway.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

11.8-11 Average 163.7lbs (up 1.6lbs)

M. Noon. A few pulls on bachar ladder between digging in the garden. Managed to do doubles off the right. Quick go on rings doing Ys and Ts
Evening. Density hangs session back on the ergo edge. Nice cooler conditions. Just drags and half crimps as can’t full crimp yet. Marginal PB at heavier bodyweight. Happy with that.

T.

W. Morning. Front lever attempts and bachar ladder between gardening. Did doubles off both arms several times probably more down to remembering that a bigger body twist helps than strength gains. Still - happy to take the ticks.

Evening. Static OH press 42.5kg x3, 37.5kg x4,x4 Hip thrust 117.5kg x6, x6, x6 Straight leg deadlift 97.5kg x6, x6, x6 Front squat 52.5kg x6, x6, x6 10 pull-ups

T.Noon. Ergo edge / fingerboard Recruitment and speed pulls

F.

S. Noon Recruitment and speed pulls ergo edge and 20mm edge. Able to full crimp with care so reintroduced that. 25 hard pulls each hand.
Eve Few goes on bachar ladder but not recovered so canned it. Need to be fresh for this

S. Noon. Systems. Started warming but felt fucked so stopped. Few days off required. Standard as usually need an easy week after 3 hardish weeks

Finger recovery still going well. Should be able to climb on the board before too long.
Struggling with the prospect of another 3 weeks of this. Thought I was going to turn 55 tomorrow. Turns out it’s actually 56. Bah humbug

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
dunny posted this a few weeks ago which is handy:
https://www.reddit.com/r/climbharder/comments/cek236/beastmaker_1000_and_2000_edgehold_sizes/

M - board. Warmed up and got the book out to delve into problems past. Repeated some if the early ones then started on The Lockdown. Got too sucked in. It's a big move off a small RH crimp. So my RH got worked disproportionately. But I got so close!
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-7U4majBCb/?igshid=qcmzscphk4zs

T - fingerboard - aim was to work out a repeaters session. Warmed up and had a play with a pulley system (put weights on a sling, clip it to rope, rope goes up to lower bar of powerbar then down to a bight (to use as a handle). Could hang on the right arm but not the left unless I had all the weight (12kg + plenty of friction between thick sport rope and bar) and was using the BM2k's biggest slot. Also, form was all over the place. Couldn't maintain a half crimp and it kept dropping into a drag. Scrapped the idea of one arm hangs and will try and work out a session on two arms with weight added if needed.
Core and stretching in evening. Ab ripper X. Couldn't finish all the reps in a number of the exercises. Hard work. But will be fun to see improvements if I try it some more.

W - Evening ride. 16.5km, 350m of up, about 45 mins. Pushed it quite hard on the first long climb and had very little left for the short steep climbs on the return.

T - Rest. Was going to do some pull ups but felt pretty wiped.

F - board. Good session. Finished off The Lockdown and did a couple of other things that were supposed to be hard but turned out to be steady.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_GT7WijwCI/?igshid=1oybt1dw57bhp

S - core. Ab ripper X. Hard but fared better than Tuesday. Weirdly I don't seem to get any DOMS or next-day-knackeredness from this.

S - fingerboard. Based on Tuesday's session I just decided to start from the bottom and work up from there. Used the 33mm edge and did 6 sets of 6 hangs. Each hang on two arms, alternating between half crimp and drag between sets. Focused on trying to keep good form which I think I did ok on, but there's just something about hangs that I find unnatural. I found myself sometimes slipping into drag from a half crimp; sometimes it felt like I was putting more weight through one arm to take the weight off my weaker side. Sometimes felt like my fingers were twisting on the holds.
Maybe next is to try and add 5kg and do the same again and see how I get on, but to focus on trying to learn how to use the thing? One thing I did notice was that, although a repeaters session only takes about 15 minutes after warming up, it is monumentally dull. Thoughts welcome on where to go next with this.

Next week: new holds coming from rginns next week. Psyched to put them up and have a play. Keep meaning to do some pull ups to try and improve the shoulders. There has been some hypothesising by friends/the-hecklers-I-call-friends that my fingers are fine but it's the rest of the chain that is shit. I keep meaning to do a repeaters session of weighted pull ups but don't want to do it on the day before a board session so keep struggling to fit it in.

Nutty

• obsessive maniac
Goals: Several nebulous, un-SMART things.

M: Garden board session. Worked the end of both mirror versions of one problem - could consistently do the move that's been a stopper from the ground and was close to doing the final move. Tried the two versions of another problem.
T: Rest.
W: Fingerboard and mobility/body weight exercises - 5 x 20sec hangs: body weight +20%, 20mm edge.
T: Rest.
F: Rest.
S: Fingerboard and mobility/body weight exercises - 5 x 20sec hangs: body weight +20%, 15mm edge.
S: Rest.

Dropped edge size for fingerboard for last session this week - went from 20 seconds being steady to having to really fight. This week I'll do one more fingerboard session to complete this block and hopefully do more garden board sessions.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Goals: Several nebulous, un-SMART things.

Obviously I picked you up on this last week.

Your goals of not getting injured, staying healthy and sane makes sense as you are already there and you are aiming to maintain those states  :thumbsup:

However, your “Get strong” goal means improvement to some desired future state but is meaningless unless you can describe and imagine what that state is - ideally backed up measurable strength things.

Personally I just look to beat each last session and if that ends up being able to one arm a first joint edge or whatever then great. I’m not going to aim for it as it is a ‘nice to do’ and also I want to remain sensible as in likelihood based on past experience it would be prudent to back off as I acquire tweaks. 

Having said that I might set some weightlifting benchmarks because if I reach a certain point with an exercise then any further gains would be superfluous towards achieving my main goals which are my outdoor projects.

Not having a go. Well actually I am. But in a positive way

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
STG: stay mentally stable

Glad I didn't put this on my lockdown goals, feels less achievable that pinky mono 1-armers at the moment. And that's not because my pinkies are strong.

Relative to this time last year I feel transformed. I've been getting some help, I don’t have to go into the office, and I’ve been cultivating gratitude for what I’ve got (family in good health, steady income). I’ve reached a degree of acceptance about not climbing and focused on training. From not hangboarding for decades, I now really look forward to my little sessions! 

STG: stay mentally stable, don’t get injured, do something active every day, work finger strength every other day.
MTG-LTG: who knows?

M - Knee strength (high step-ups, single leg squats). Sanded and oiled kitchen table, which is now looking lovely again. .
T - Fingerboard for late rehab./strength: 7s. on a 20mm edge, two arms.
W - Shoulders (one arm planks, handstands, tick-tocks).
T - Knees. Shoulders. Fingerboard as above.
F - Knees. Shoulders. Sanded and oiled coffee table. Watched The Big Bang: a disappointingly small amount of Emma and far too much mansplaining from has-beens.
S - Fingerboard as above. Started painting kitchen.
S - Finished painting kitchen. Looks great. 7km walk/jog/skip (this and every evening).

A week of frenzied DIY and some exercise.  Remarkably no injuries from either!

Elbow has recovered. Lock-down tummy is progressing well: up 2kg from a month ago and 5kg over fighting weight. 

Plan: start one arm hangs with lots of assistance. Per tomtom, mainly learn how to do the exercise with good form.

tomtom

• forum hero
Happy birthday Shark!

JohnM

• junky
After an early but very restrictive lockdown most of the restrictions have now been lifted in Austria. Hospital admission rates are approaching normal and the number of known new infections in Tirol was zero yesterday. Whether this has just bought time and it will flare up again quickly due to lack of herd immunity is yet to be seen. I suspect the number of people infected was probably significantly more than known though. Having spoken to a few people I know, where they and some of their close acquaintances/contacts tested positive for the virus, the symptoms were so mild it is likely it could have passed through a significant proportion of the younger demographic relatively undetected. The upside of all this is that you can travel wherever you like within Austria and most sports, including climbing, are now not illegal if practiced alone or with people in your household.

Weight: Settled down a bit to 146-148lbs after increasing movement and cutting down on the incessant snacking and drinking.

M: Climbing at Höttinger Graben, a decent conglomerate crag an hour to an hour and a half hike above Innsbruck. I had high expectations after all the pull ups and finger boarding and was hoping to feel bionic. The reality was I felt heavy and clunky and my left shoulder felt cranky in positions that were not front on pulling. Warmed up putting the clips in a bouldery 7c/7c+. Had a red point go but punted a relatively easy but morpho move after the crux. Had to go back down after that as the mrs had forgotten gloves and developed the worst Raynaud's I have ever seen. Not too bad a "session" on reflection.

T: Run 11.75km 478m elevation gain.

W: Run 11.09km 484m elevation gain.

T: Climbing at a local obscurity crag, Villerkopf, in the forest a short walk from the flat. The rock is the same as Dunkeld for anyone that knows it. Some quite nice climbs in the 5s and 6s and the hardest one, a 3 bolt 7a, that I managed to increase the value by doing a V5 boulder traverse into it. Nice to be out in the forest of an evening.

F: Run 20.55km with 1756m elevation gain. Got a PB on the main hill climb up to 1600m but also over-heated which is a real issue for me. Finished the rest of the run at a decent pace but felt a bit funny.

S: Climbing a Schleierwasserfall. Warmed up on a 7b stamina route that I have done a few times before to test how bad the fitness levels had got. I got a mild but manageable pump but felt more solid on the moves than in the past so not too bad overall. Put the draws in a 37m 8a+ I had tried briefly in the past. Although it was boiling hot, all the moves felt easier than I remembered but by the time I got to the top it was clear I was suffering from some kind of exhaustion/heat stroke. I had one red point attempt but I was cramping up by the time I got to the crux and didn't even have the energy to give it a proper go. Called it a day but great to be back at Schleier and see friends (from at least 2m away!).   

S: Run 30.78km with 1679m elevation gain. The nicest trail run I have done this year. First through a river valley littered with (chalked) boulders and blue water, then up though the forest to a peak and finally deep into a very impressive limestone gorge with tonnes of potential for new routing but with a minimum 3 hour approach! Had to remove 3 ticks when I got home so I hope I don't contract Limes.

A nice week and good to climb on rock again despite zero session fitness. I hope to do more this week and at least one or two training sessions but I also need to rest as I seem to be suffering from some kind of exhaustion/fatigue.

Bradders

• forum hero
Short version:

M - board & 2 arm 20s max hangs

T - little bit more on board then 2 arm repeaters + conditioning

W - set more holds on board

T - board, more holds set

F - yoga

S - big board, one arm repeaters and mono pick ups session

S - long walk + yoga + more hold setting

Long version below if you're interested/bored:
NSFW  :
M - warmed up watching Free Solo then on board. Mint cons. Tried my now project. Did all the moves in isolation and linked to move 6 of 7 but dropped it and couldn't link last 3 moves.  Nails. Went on the hang board and did 19mm edge half crimp 20s +10kg, +15kg, +20kg and 5x +25kg. Back out on the board and tried a new problem linking most of the black resin holds on there together, which actually makes a great sequence. Eventually managed all the moves and nearly linked but dabbed on crux 3rd move (hard drop down from a wide span) and fluffed the last move.

T - after evening dog walk warmed up on the board then tried the new one on black holds from the day before and did it 2nd go. Felt like first harder thing I've done on there although probably wouldn't even break into the 7s on the Depot 50. Anyway then went on the fingerboard and on 19mm edge half crimp did 1x 6r 7/3 repeaters at bodyweight, 3x 6r 7/3 repeaters +19.5kg, then on medium slopers 1x 3r 7/3 repeaters +19.5kg (failed 4th hang) then 6r 7/3 +4.5kg and last set 6r +9.5kg. Superset all but last set with circuits of 5 strict pull ups +4.5kg, 5 leg raises +4.5kg, 10 press ups and 30s planks.

W - rest. Was meant to yoga. Didn't. Put 20 new holds on board.

T - board. Pretty warm. Tried project again and linked last 3 moves for first time. 3 goes from start and dropped last move twice. Tried a pinchy one on new wood holds and did all moves but couldn't link through crux. Lots of goes. Then did a harder direct variant of my black holds one eliminating the two largest holds. Much harder, real fight. Maybe Depot 7A. Few goes at a move I've not done yet and couldn't do it, then finished with lots of goes on another pinchy wood one and made good links but couldn't do crux move in isolation. Warmed down putting another 20 new holds on.

F - managed to squeeze 25 mins of yoga into my busy schedule. Don't know why it feels so hard to commit to doing this!

S - warm up on the board. Started raining so got to test whether I can climb during; success! Made a couple of new ones using some of the lovely wood edges I put on in the week. Then experimental one arm hangs on BM2k large outside slots. Did a full half crimp 6r 7/3 repeaters set on each arm -15kg, then 3x 3r each arm half crimp 6/4 repeaters -10kg. Then same edge 3x 3r each arm open f3 6/4 repeaters -10kg. Then 1x 3r 10/10 M2 open on large outside slots -15kg and finally 1x 3r 10/10 middle open 10kg mono pick ups and 2x 6r 7/3 repeaters at same weight. Had intended to do a bit more on the board but forearms felt knackered. Warmed down with a bit more easy stuff though and then 4 sets of 10 pull ups and 20 push ups. Felt completely wasted after this session.

S - 6 and a bit mile walk, second half with a heavy rucksack full of food shopping, followed by 30mins of yoga/stretching. Put last 20 or so holds on board. Also had a look at my pulley set up for one arm hangs and, using a luggage scale, found that 10kg of plates as I was using on Saturday actually translates to up to 12kg of assistance.

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
Happy birthday Simon!

Weird week, suffered from a lot of headaches which is quite unusual for me. They seem to have disappeared now though which is good.

M- Easter Monday. Did a max hangs session as quietly as possible as girlfriend was sleeping in the next room having just got off nights. Did well and completed the set at +30kg. Did some TRX, 25 pullups and 40 pressups to finish. Didnt rouse gf from sleep coma  :thumbsup:

T- Anderson hangs. Added 3.75kg kg as base weight on bottom outside and battery edge. Still bodyweight on the slopers. Any failure only occcurred right at the end of the last set which was good. Did some TRX and the bring sally up pushup challenge to over 3mins but wilted with the finish in sight. Fan arrived later in the day so i can't blame conditions any more.

W- some core. Went for a 10 miles bike ride and did some stretching. Seem to have irritated something in my inner thigh, possibly obturator nerve related. Feels like cramp when it strikes and makes getting off bike really hard/painful until it loosens. Cant make it hurt by poking it though which seems to suggest not muscular. Any advice welcome!

T- max hangs. 31.25 kg. first 3 sets were ok with effort but failed on the last two. Fan was good. TRX and assisted one armers to finish, bring sally up to 2.20. Shoulders gone by this stage.

F- anderson hangs. Added in the 10mm micros at the start of the session, so 4 grip types now. Felt ok at bodyweight. Stayed at 3.75kg on the edges and bodyweight on the slopers. Bottom outside felt like a jug with the fan on. Good session, really worked at the end. TRX, assisted one armers and bring sally up (2.30 ish) to finish.

S- some mild stretching and core on the bar. I am totally crap at this so going to make an effort to do it every day i have off the fingerboard. Got some exercises including knee raises, windscreen wipers, leg raises, l sits etc but any more appreciated. Particularly front lever training, which might have been mentioned in a thread elsewhere?

S- took chunk out of thumb when screwdriver slipped doing some pointless DIY around the house  :wall: once id got over my own stupidity taped it up and did a fingerboard session, max hangs this time. Completed set at 31.25kg so an improvement on last time, though form was a bit dodgy. Needs one more before i add more weight. Some assisted one armers culminating in bodyweight one armers and TRX to finish. Good session, probably a max hangs PB.

Good training week but starting to struggle with being cooped up. Miss climbing a lot and getting needlessly wound up by reports of others who seem to me to be stretching the guidance to suit themselves. Whoever is right its down to me to not get annoyed by it!

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
Hip thrust 117.5kg x6, x6,
:-\ :-\
Hip thrust with 117 kg for reps? Really?
Or do you mean hip hinge?

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
Nick. All this talk of a board and yet no photos of a board. Do you have a Spanish spotter as well? Bring the psyche please. Let's see your wood.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Hip thrust 117.5kg x6, x6,
:-\ :-\
Hip thrust with 117 kg for reps? Really?
Or do you mean hip hinge?

Yes. Is that a lot or not much? I have no idea - I’ve only started doing them in the last three weeks.

Googled hip hinge and that looks like the straight legged deadlifts I do after when I’m pretty done in already from the hip thrusts so reckon I could do better on those if I did them first.

Video here of me doing hip thrusts

Any suggestions on similar posterior chain exercises usefull on the Oak throw and pressing down hard on feet when extended gratefully received

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Ab ripper X.

Is Ab Ripper X the thing you do with a kind of workout-video of a hilariously cheesy guy?

Relative to this time last year I feel transformedI don’t have to go into the office, and I’ve been cultivating gratitude for what I’ve got (family in good health, steady income). I’ve reached a degree of acceptance about not climbing

Great to hear this Duncan. I’m finding lockdown surprisingly easy too- just don’t see myself as a climber at the moment (made easier by not having led a route since early December) and ignoring all but the basic details of the news is working wonders on that front.

Lock-down tummy is progressing well: up 2kg from a month ago and 5kg over fighting weight. 

Same here except I’ve put more than 3kg on in 3 weeks.  :lol:

M- Nothing.

T- Walk to Bell Hagg and back.

W- Nothing.

T- Deadlifting. 2 reps each at 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 & 100kg. 100 felt easier than it has done since doomsday. It’s actually the quad of my left leg (the side I fucked up) that stops me from going heavier in these lockdown lifting sessions. Taught my other half to deadlift which involved lots of reps at 20 & 30kg too.

F- Walk to and around the Bell Hagg area. I know this little bit of Sheffield like the back of my hand now! Noticed that I was getting out of breath going up hills- I guess the work I did to regain this fitness was over quite a short period so having not consolidated it it’s slipping away again?

S- Nothing. Built some shelves and lifted a few things but not really training.

S- 3x7 pull-ups, 3x30 push-ups. Noticed some left knee pain during the day- no idea what’s caused this but it’s on the left side so could be anything.

Not a stellar week but did some grunt work sessions which I’m getting stronger at. Need to add finger boarding back in this week.

A bit disconcerting that my leg is going weird and I’m losing my “puff” again but not really surprising given my history and the extent to which I’m following the “stay home” guideline. Need to get on the exercise bike or go for a run I think.

I have realised this week that I don’t need to rest my back after doing the dishes (for example) any more.  :2thumbsup: There are three possible causes of this- never carrying rucksacks around at the moment, only driving the short distance to the supermarket once a week and deadlifting. Hopefully it’s more the latter than the first two but we’ll have to see when things return to some kind of normal.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE

Yes. Is that a lot or not much?

Any suggestions on similar posterior chain exercises
Wow.
I think it's a hell of a lot.
I'm not entirely sure that, apart from testing, it's a good idea to max out on them. I'd go for high reps range.
No suggestions, assuming that your straight legged deadlift is a Romanian one (with aptly bent knees).
Stick at them.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
Power Club

Mon - tired. TB DL x 10, farmer's 30", shrugs back to back, x 10. Overhead carry.
Tue - recovery session, light boxing bag, nearly got carried out. Brilliant.
Wed - fingers, garage: best session of the last few years? Tested the 10 mm edge one armed, confirmed previous progress at - 9 kg LH and - 4 kg RH. Solid. Then the 14 mm edge at - 3/4 kg LH and - 2/1 kg RH. Then on to the 9 mm edge, regular back3 and front3 hangs. Tired. That is all with a quite strict half crimp. This was at a BW of 69 kg, so at least 2/3 kg heavier than before. Last Summer post surgery tactics seem to have worked. Full clean and press 3x5; DL, clean, press 5x5 in berween sets (40 kg).
Thu - tired. Board climbing, went nowhere. Weights, landmine complex.
Fri - recovery session, light boxing bag, theraband, gentle weights.
Sat - power clean 5x5 50 kg; press 5x5 40 kg; feet to celing 5x4; bar work; overhead barbell lunges; TB DL 50% (70 kg) x26.
Sun - DL with long eccentric tempo. Pull ups, one armers. Tired.

Fingers wise, payed the toll of Wednesday session all week.
Generally a bit tired from total absence of rest days.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
Is Ab Ripper X the thing you do with a kind of workout-video of a hilariously cheesy guy?

Yes! It became a cult thing in Leeds when Jacob Cook was in the University club. I'm not sure how widespread it was outside that but there was a video of some EuroWads going to do The Recovery Drink and there's a bit where they're lying in a car park somewhere doing Ab Ripper X.

I never did it when it was all the hype. I think tstub is quite disparaging of it. But: desperate times. Some of the exercises feel reasonably climbing specific, sitting on your bum with legs off the floor and out in front of you and holding an oblique sitting up position.

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
I think tstub is quite disparaging of it.

I hate it... but I love it

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
 :lol:

One of the nice things about it is that it's very easy to slot into your day. Warm up for a few minutes and then it's a 15 minute thing. I had half and hour on Saturday between putting the sprog to bed and doing the washing up and firing up the laptop for a Tabletop Simulator game of Istanbul. Warmed up a bit and got stuck in.

I think that's what I liked about my repeaters session on Sunday. Once you've warmed up a bit you're only actually doing it for 15 minutes.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

Yes. Is that a lot or not much?

Any suggestions on similar posterior chain exercises
Wow.
I think it's a hell of a lot.
I'm not entirely sure that, apart from testing, it's a good idea to max out on them. I'd go for high reps range.
No suggestions, assuming that your straight legged deadlift is a Romanian one (with aptly bent knees).
Stick at them.

Thanks - no point continuing if it’s not a weak point.

The deadlifts have been straight legged once I’ve picked the bar up (plenty of vids around sometimes called stiff legged deadlift). The Romanian one looks good as it combines the hip thrust action.

I’ll check in with John Kettle and get his thoughts as he put me onto all these exercises

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal