technical > computers, technology and the internet

Broadband providers recommendations

(1/4) > >>

TobyD:
Anyone got any good tips? I will need a line installed, usage in terms of bandwidth not massive, just streaming TV downloading occasional movie, standard phone / tablet stuff.

Top ones on money saving expert are shell, talk talk and John Lewis.

Seems pretty standard that they rack up prices at the end of contract.

Cheers all

tomtom:
Line installation might be the costly part in that...

If it is v costly for install thought about mobile broadband? Plenty of unlimited (conditions apply) plans for £20 or less a month...

nai:
Plusnet - decent speed, reliable and easy to get hold of if things do go wrong.

remus:

--- Quote from: tomtom on March 28, 2020, 04:31:22 pm ---If it is v costly for install thought about mobile broadband? Plenty of unlimited (conditions apply) plans for £20 or less a month...

--- End quote ---

This is well worth looking in to, it's a good low hassle option. At work we use a Three data sim that costs ~£50 a month and is properly unlimited as far as I can tell (~150GB / month usage, no throttling that I've been able to spot).

tomtom:

--- Quote from: remus on March 28, 2020, 05:01:49 pm ---
--- Quote from: tomtom on March 28, 2020, 04:31:22 pm ---If it is v costly for install thought about mobile broadband? Plenty of unlimited (conditions apply) plans for £20 or less a month...

--- End quote ---

This is well worth looking in to, it's a good low hassle option. At work we use a Three data sim that costs ~£50 a month and is properly unlimited as far as I can tell (~150GB / month usage, no throttling that I've been able to spot).

--- End quote ---

I’ve two colleagues who use 3’s unlimited mobile broadband  - (£20 a month I think) and both having teenagers find they get speed throttled during peak hours (they’re in the 200+ gb a month usage bracket).

I regularly tether on my EE account - and regularly get 40-50mbps download and often faster upload (doesn’t have the same issues as the wire to door options).

If you’re paying for an install - worth checking virgin. Despite customer service horror stories they install a cable/fibre to the house rather than using BT open reach and a phone line... so their install might be less than BT’s etx...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version