UKBouldering.com

Coronavirus: Positive things that happen (Read 35014 times)

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
So it is possible to teach an old dog new tricks!

Yossarian

• forum hero
On that note...

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
Several news reports today that wild flowers will do really well as councils aren't mowing verges at the moment. 
BBC News - Coronavirus: Lockdown 'could boost wild flowers'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-52215273

36chambers

• forum hero
My dog (3 years 10 months old) has finally worked out how to play fetch! He's always just kept anything thrown for him before, but seems to have finally twigged that bringing it back is more fun. Pure joy.

Mine has recently mastered the art of the last second serve. She's such a tease.

Bradders

• forum hero
My dog (3 years 10 months old) has finally worked out how to play fetch! He's always just kept anything thrown for him before, but seems to have finally twigged that bringing it back is more fun. Pure joy.

Mine has recently mastered the art of the last second serve. She's such a tease.

As in she nearly comes back and then at the last second runs off again? Yeah. Nearly 4 years of that  ::) :lol:

What breed is she?

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth

36chambers

• forum hero

As in she nearly comes back and then at the last second runs off again? Yeah. Nearly 4 years of that  ::) :lol:

What breed is she?

"last second *swerve". Yeah, exactly that :)

A Springer-Poodle.

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted

Paul B

• forum hero
My professional body is about to drag itself up to date by offering remote professional reviews. It's always made me chuckle that one of the things they require is candidates to be abreast of cutting edge technology and innovation yet applications are made by paper form, scanning and emailing. Some parts of the application that are digital (mainly a report) are then printed and posted to the reviewers (my better half has volunteered before) regardless of whether that person requires a hardcopy. The process requires other (generally more senior colleagues) to submit supporting evidence on your behalf and there's no way of seeing if this has been done (you're not allowed to see it).

NZ sex toy volumes doing well! (put that down fido!?)
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/09/sex-toy-sales-triple-during-new-zealands-coronavirus-lockdown

I just tried to link to a tweet I saw with someone complaining they broke their dildo in the first few days of lockdown. The tweet is  now unavailable  ;D

danm

• junky
Got an allotment in September with a small group of other climbers, in the full expectation that it would be a bit of a shambles as whenever the weather was decent we'd all bin it off to go climbing. My dream scenario was we'd clear the overgrown mess we'd inherited and maybe clear half of it for growing. As of today we have 9 raised beds, a long row of cold frame, potatoes and asparagus planted and some raspberry canes and a fruit tree planted. First crops of shallots and spring onions ready soon and some spinach. Feel half ready for the apocalypse...

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth
You do realise in any apocalypse gangs will raid allotments and steal everything. Great for more normal times though.

Another plus I forgot to link ealier: most of the FT coverage is no longer paywalled.

https://www.ft.com/coronavirusfree

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
You do realise in any apocalypse gangs will raid allotments and steal everything. Great for more normal times though.

Another plus I forgot to link ealier: most of the FT coverage is no longer paywalled.

They’ll be quite busy raiding leather and bondage shops for the first few weeks, followed by the customising of overly engined vehicles.

So, you’d probably get a whole growing season in before they remember they’re hungry.

tomtom

• forum hero
Wondered why I couldn’t get a supercharger for a v8 Holden for love or for money at the moment...

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth

They’ll be quite busy raiding leather and bondage shops for the first few weeks, followed by the customising of overly engined vehicles.

So, you’d probably get a whole growing season in before they remember they’re hungry.

You forgot the theft of garish coloured make up!

Our daily walk often takes us along the border of the St Ann's allotments one of the biggest city sites in the world .. a pheasant popped through the border into our path yesterday... inner city Nottingham eh. Ten years back the news in St Anns was all guns and knives.

http://renewaltrust.co.uk/what-we-do/st-anns-allotments/

https://stannswellroad.weebly.com/allotments---hungerhill-gardens.html

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Yoga is officially lying on the ground...pretending to exercise. The Met. have my complete support. It’s just a shame they have no jurisdiction over sponsored climbers desperately trying keep their social media followers.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"

I'm on it

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Yoga is officially lying on the ground...pretending to exercise. The Met. have my complete support. It’s just a shame they have no jurisdiction over sponsored climbers desperately trying keep their social media followers.

That thread is really depressing.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero

I found it a bit of a stretch.

i.munro

• junky
Here in France they just announced that the road death figures for March are the lowest for decades. I guess the numbers of people dying from air pollution will be similarly reduced.

tomtom

• forum hero

I’d have hoped the police could have been more flexible.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero

Pull the other one...

danm

• junky

Not once the guard towers go up they won't.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix

They must be getting a bit tied up to be fair. I'm sure you can twist their arm in some instances.

tc

• junky
Here in France they just announced that the road death figures for March are the lowest for decades. I guess the numbers of people dying from air pollution will be similarly reduced.

Did you watch Macron's address this evening? It seems that France has an adult in charge.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal