UKBouldering.com

Coronavirus: Positive things that happen (Read 35459 times)

36chambers

• forum hero
Most importantly of all: I have a board in my garage; Ben has no training aids whatsoever. It is my sincerest hope that when we emerge to the rock he will be a complete weakling and I will be a complete beast.

:beer2:

Footwork

• forum abuser
  • Living With Wads
    • Living With Wads
Most importantly of all: I have a board in my garage; Ben has no training aids whatsoever. It is my sincerest hope that when we emerge to the rock he will be a complete weakling and I will be a complete beast.

You wish. I'll tear the door frames from the walls if I have to.

Another positive of all this - we skip lime season and have back to back grit  :2thumbsup:

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
That is actually a very good point.

Traditionally it's also been a hapless klutz who drops the ball, misses the call and can't do more than one season without quitting, but I think those are optional.

I mean, I know the calling of the lime is traditionally marred by farce, but fucking hell...

csl

• junky

You wish. I'll tear the door frames from the walls if I have to.

Another positive of all this - we skip lime season and have back to back grit  :2thumbsup:

Time for your dad to come and build you a board in the garage Ben, just make sure you don't go near him while he does it.

dunnyg

• forum hero
Tell him to watch out for that asbestos though.

tomtom

• forum hero
I’m going to grow a coronabeard :)

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
The DFS sale is finally over?

James Malloch

• forum hero
The DFS sale is finally over?

I'm moving into a house without a mattress tomorrow...I hope not!

JamieG

• forum hero

Mine is progressing rapidly. More grey than I would like to admit. Wonder if it will improve my science. More stroking required to thoroughly test.

tomtom

• forum hero

Mine is progressing rapidly. More grey than I would like to admit. Wonder if it will improve my science. More stroking required to thoroughly test.

In my 50 years I’ve never grown one!

JamieG

• forum hero

In my 50 years I’ve never grown one!

No time like the present. Quite literally!

crzylgs

• stalker
For you potential beard growers - if you plan on wearing a protective face/mouth mask while venturing out for essentials I've heard having a beard negatively impacts the protective seal.

JamieG

• forum hero
For you potential beard growers - if you plan on wearing a protective face/mouth mask while venturing out for essentials I've heard having a beard negatively impacts the protective seal.

Mutton chops it is then!

dunnyg

• forum hero
Or a little tash?

Hoseyb

• forum abuser
  • Master of Obscurites
    • www.hoseyb.org.uk
I'm currently spending a lot more time on ukb, and randomly contributing.
This may be positive.

Doylo

• forum hero
I’ve got a new found respect for nursery workers and now I realise why they charge so fuckin much. :pissed:

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
I was brought a homemade hot cross bun at my desk today. Hot from the oven and dripping butter.

abarro81

• forum hero
I was reminded of this classic DG video. Good fingerboard inspiration from 30s on...

tomtom

• forum hero
I’ve got a new found respect for nursery workers and now I realise why they charge so fuckin much. :pissed:

:D Routine Routine Routine

For the carer - its all about little targets. Make it to Lunch. Make it to Nap time. Make it to when partner comes back home. Beer.

dunnyg

• forum hero
Got a bird feeder in the garden, don't often get chance to see who is having what. That has all changed now. Got some regular robins, the local fat pigeon pair, blue tits, sparrows, coal tits, and occasionally a visiting magpie and a jay. All whilst I've been working from home. Mega.

Doylo

• forum hero

:D Routine Routine Routine

For the carer - its all about little targets. Make it to Lunch. Make it to Nap time. Make it to when partner comes back home. Beer.

She’s laughing hysterically one minute and crying and moaning the next. So temperamental. And not napping as long at mo. Then the Mrs finishes work in other room and goes for a 45 minute walk. I’m gonna be loopy in a few weeks.

Hoseyb

• forum abuser
  • Master of Obscurites
    • www.hoseyb.org.uk
Doylo. I feel your pain. Finding something to hook them up with on the TV, while simultaneously preventing yourself from throwing something through it is key for mental health.

I recommend:
Ben and Holly (prime)
Super hero squad (disney+)
Boss Baby (Netflix)
Sarah and duck (I player)

Doylo

• forum hero
Ye Netflix is on a lot but obvs don’t want her staring at TV all day. I’ve got it good here really, can get to the beach from the estate for the daily exercise, just my heads melting by 5. It’s definitely a lot harder than going to work   ;D

Hoseyb

• forum abuser
  • Master of Obscurites
    • www.hoseyb.org.uk
Yup.
My parenting style is best described as slightly chaotic, we kind of had to land on our feet (3 under 2 at one point, now we have 4) games that seem really messy, but actually clean up well work. As does no carpets. How old is yours?

I've fond memories of the twins doing bum prints as toddlers, and having to hose them down afterwards.

Doylo

• forum hero
2 and a bit . She was a nightmare baby, good fun now when not screaming/moaning. Just not used to being a full time dad.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal