UKBouldering.com

gite cancellation advice (Read 2132 times)

old cheese

• obsessive maniac
  • does my arse look big in this
gite cancellation advice
March 21, 2020, 07:48:48 am
Just wondering if any of you, like me has a gite booked for Easter and are now in need of cancelling?

Do you know what the procedure is and how painful/ any pitfalls?

I have  to admit looking at the French paperwork just confused me further. I have had no contact from gites de France at all.

205Chris

• forum hero
#1 Re: gite cancellation advice
March 21, 2020, 08:49:55 am
When you say you've had no contact do you mean they haven't contacted you or they're not replying to your e-mails?

They've usually been pretty good when I've emailed them. Booked the wrong dates last year and emailed them to correct it which they did without fuss. I was expecting all sorts of cancellation and rebooking fees.

bolehillbilly

• stalker
#2 Re: gite cancellation advice
March 21, 2020, 11:39:03 am
Not done anything about this yet. I've got insurance and I think the booking also has some sort of cancellation insurance attached which you have to opt out of when booking too.
It might be easier for now to move the booking than navigate insurance claim but then again if I move it to next Easter and this either does carry on or kicks off again I then maybe wouldn't be covered.
 :-\
Old Cheese  let me know if you make any progress with GdF.

T_B

• forum hero
#3 Re: gite cancellation advice
March 21, 2020, 05:41:01 pm
I’d just ask GdF to move the booking to Easter 2021. That’s what everyone in the travel/hospitality wants. If everyone does that they’ll be a gite to stay at next yr.

bolehillbilly

• stalker
#4 Re: gite cancellation advice
March 27, 2020, 10:23:01 am
Have had contact direct with our gite owner and in process of moving the booking to next easter. Just been on to Eurotunnel and have been given a voucher for rebooking as they would only allow moving the booking up to 1st Jan 2021.

Durbs

• forum hero
#5 Re: gite cancellation advice
March 27, 2020, 10:26:18 am
We booked through HomeAway and cancelled within the 100% refund period. Had a reply etc, but haven't actually received the money yet....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal