UKBouldering.com

Video Conferencing / discussion software (Read 6234 times)

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
I find Zoom very frustrating. Its also only free for 40 minutes.

MeetUp Call is the best I've used but quite expensive. Not your issue if its not you paying obviously.

tomtom

• forum hero
So - been trying out Google hangouts and Zoom this morning.

Both work fine - things Ive noticed...

Zoom allows backgrounds and screen sharing (great) - but limited to 40 min and requires a small widget download etc...

Hangouts seems endless - but I cant see how to share a screen (a shame). But requires a google username to log in etc.. (which is seamless to most people who have one and are google logged in etc..).

HarryBD

• player
On hangouts in bottom right theres an option to present which lets you screenshare

tomtom

• forum hero
On hangouts in bottom right theres an option to present which lets you screenshare

Cool. Thanks Harry. At present Hangouts is winning. I can have it pottering away in the background and people can join me whenever. Open office if you like.

dunnyg

• forum hero
There are some comedy zoom background malfunctions, here is a volcanologist fail.

https://twitter.com/tamsinmather/status/1240262204609441793?s=20

andy popp

• forum hero
In what possible sense is that a fail?

dunnyg

• forum hero
I guess failed at the initial plan, only to succeed in creating something even greater than imagined.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
One thing we've come up against is that Teams doesn't work well in our office. It's fine from home or remote sites, but it's just not optimised on our network. That also means that if we work via the VPN, teams live video calls fall on their face. Solution - ditch the VPN!

I like zoom and teams, both better than skype when running well. Team has some pretty good functions like whiteboard.

rich d

• forum hero
don't bother using webex - it's obviously inundated and really isn't usable at all.
Rich

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Teams working well for me, about the only thing that is!

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
We're using Teams quite successfully!

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
A team at work have created a 'how-to' guide for running workshops and virtual events online with some great guidance and advice plus plenty on Teams, Zoom, Mural and other tech tools.  If anyone wants a copy, DM me your email address and I'll send it over. It's really good.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
 Yes please FD, trying not to go into meltdown juggling Teams  between PC, iPad and 20 kids simultaneously asking different questions :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal