UKBouldering.com

RHS Grizzly Arete reinforcement? (Read 7336 times)

mark20

• junky
#25 Re: RHS Grizzly Arete reinforcement?
March 09, 2020, 06:16:51 pm
Google says gritstone is about 2250kg/m3, so with some rough dimensions you can work it out
It's quite interesting actually, I've worked that a lump of grit the size of my microwave would be 72kg - a lot heavier than I'd have thought.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#26 Re: RHS Grizzly Arete reinforcement?
March 09, 2020, 06:52:02 pm
It's maybe standard microwave size? Not standard microwave shape though. Unless you've got some proper fancy-arse avant-garde hipster microwave. That's also gritstone coloured. Next time I go to the gym I'll stack a few plates for a highly scientific comparison. Tl,DR: Pretty sure we need Mark S to atlas stone lift it back up.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#27 Re: RHS Grizzly Arete reinforcement?
March 10, 2020, 10:09:11 pm
Did a comparison at the Depot today - piled a few dumbells on top of each other and lifted using the edges of the bottom one - more awkward than the GA footblock and the only warm-up I'd done was walking in from the car (GA I'd been active for an hour). 50kg was trivial and 70kg was pretty piss too. I think my ~100kg estimate for the block was bang on. Mark S your time.

Then the guy from the reception came up and told me off for dropping them too loudly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal