UKBouldering.com

FS- Micro 4/3rds lenses (Read 1419 times)

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
FS- Micro 4/3rds lenses
March 01, 2020, 05:46:13 pm
Changing camera systems  :-[ so I have a lot of M43 glass for sale, all boxed with the original caps, hoods etc. These prices are what I have them on eBay for so I’ll knock their charges off the price if you you can bank transfer me the money and the postage cost off as well if you can collect in Sheffield/ Peak. Send me a message if you’re interested.

Panasonic 100-400 f4-f6.3 As new £900 the longest lens for the system- wipes the floor with the 100-300. I pre-ordered one of these and it turned up just after I’d started shooting The Seaside. Turned out there was a mark on one of the internal elements but the shop didn’t have another to swap it for and didn’t know when they would get one. As it was fine unless you stopped it down I shlepped it around the coast all summer, did all the long shots for the film with it then sent it to Panasonic under warranty after I’d finished. They sent me a brand new one which I’ve only used for a few trips to the zoo since so it’s immaculate.

Panasonic 35-100mm f2.8 £475 The original purplish version. I shot about half the climbing for Stonnis & The Seaside with this so it has a few scratches on the body and hood but nothing bad at all.

Panasonic 42.5mm f1.2 £650 The best lens for the system in my opinion. It’s only lost a few microscopic bits of paint from the terribly-designed hood attachment clamp which pretty much makes it a collectors item.

Panasonic 12mm f1.4 £650 Like a wider brother of the 42.5 above. The hood has lost some paint In places but the lens has only lost a small bit on the bottom of the barrel.

Panasonic 15mm f1.7 £300 Tiny sort-of-wide lens that barely adds anything to the size and weight of your camera and massively outperforms it’s plastic 14mm & 20mm siblings. Can’t find a mark on it which is mental for how much I’ve used it.

Olympus 75mm f1.8 As new £400 Probably the best advert for the size: performance ratio of the system. No idea why Panasonic don’t make a stabilised equivalent- I’d have bought it if they did. This is the black version and includes the hood that Olympus make you pay for separately. Got this fairly recently and didn’t use it enough to mark it in any way.

Also got three genuine Panasonic batteries for the GH3/4/5/G9 and a lot of B+W ND UV & circular polarising filters in the 46, 58, 62, 67 & 72mm sizes to shift. Get in touch if those interest you.  :thumbsup:

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#1 Re: FS- Micro 4/3rds lenses
March 01, 2020, 11:18:52 pm
What are you going for?

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#2 Re: FS- Micro 4/3rds lenses
March 02, 2020, 10:08:24 am
Just using my phone from now on.  8)

Not really, my shiny new S1 arrives on Wednesday.

tomtom

• forum hero
#3 Re: FS- Micro 4/3rds lenses
March 02, 2020, 12:56:01 pm

Thought the quality had improved! :D ;)

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#4 Re: FS- Micro 4/3rds lenses
March 02, 2020, 07:50:45 pm

Not really, my shiny new S1 arrives on Wednesday.

That one had slipped me by. I got the 12-100 F4 Olympus lens before heading to Chile early this year, so I'm sticking with m4/3rds for now. but if Panasonic are jumping to full-frame mirorless, is that another nail in the m43 coffin?

I doubt Olympus will join "L", and it seems unlikely they'll go FF any time soon. I guess if they just on their autofocus etc. they can maybe stay in a niche for compact quality?

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#5 Re: FS- Micro 4/3rds lenses
March 03, 2020, 10:48:32 am
if Panasonic are jumping to full-frame mirorless, is that another nail in the m43 coffin?

I think rumours of its death have been greatly exaggerated- certainly the camera speculation Youtubers  :wank: who were saying so 18 months ago have been getting their clicks more recently by speculating on the features of the new M4/3 cameras Panasonic have promised this year. Panasonic have released one of their most impressive M4/3 lenses since the S1 came out and their suits make a very convincing argument for why they want to continue with two formats- when you consider how (justifiably) popular the GH4 & GH5 are (My GH5 sold on Ebay before I'd had the chance to add photos to the listing) they'd be mad not to really. Olympus obviously aren't interested in pursuing anything else. It would be great if the two manufacturers could make their stabilisation systems work together though. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal