UKBouldering.com

Coronavirus Covid-19 (Read 681316 times)

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#4425 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
September 15, 2021, 08:46:57 am
If there are two people in the world who really deserve a horrible dose of covid,  its these two:
https://www.politico.eu/article/russia-president-vladimir-putin-self-isolation-coronavirus-case-entourage/

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#4426 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
September 15, 2021, 09:28:15 am
The Sputnik 5 Vaccine - is that just a shot of vodka?

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#4427 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
September 15, 2021, 11:45:39 am
Just my n=1, but we've had a brush with the 'Rona in our house.

My other half went back to (secondary teaching) last week and on day one of the Inset Days they had a whole-of-staff meeting, in person...which has taken out 3 members of staff.

She started up with what seemed like a bad cold on the Tues (bunged up, runny nose etc, bit of a sore throat, bit hoarse), same on Weds and did a lateral flow test, which came back negative, same again on Thurs.

On Fri after feeling worse, and losing her sense of taste she decided to go for a PCR test, which then came back as positive on Sat.

She's been generally OK barring feeling tired (sleeping till about lunchtime every day).

I did a Track & Trace mandated PCR test on Sat, which came back negative on Sun, but then Sun eve started feeling really rough (spaced out, coughing), so went back for a test on Mon, which also came back negative.

Maybe the vaccine's working and it was just my body fending it off?

Kids both fine, but we've been trying to keep them out of the way.

She's on the mend I think - has to isolate till Sat, but she's still tired and no smell / taste. Hopefully it'll be gone by the weekend.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#4428 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
September 15, 2021, 02:40:39 pm
out of interest, what were you both vaccinated with?

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#4429 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
September 15, 2021, 03:26:51 pm
We've both been double-vacc-ed with AZ - hers were right back at the start thanks to a friend of family who's a GP and had "spares" that needed to be used up, so her second one was back in about April.

Mine were on the "normal" schedule for (43 year old) me, so my second was early July.

Find it hard to believe that I'm sharing a house with her and haven't caught it, but she is keeping out of the way, we've got all the doors and windows open all day, and I'm squirrelled away in the office all day at work.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#4430 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
September 15, 2021, 03:43:26 pm
Maybe you had it already and were asymptomatic. Unlikely but not impossible.

I've heard of other people in a similar situation in a single household though.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#4431 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
September 15, 2021, 04:28:43 pm
A bit of a reiteration, I know.
We had three confirmed and quite poorly children, with one untouched (despite a shared bedroom). The plague dodger had three PCRs over that period, one two days before returning to sixth form, as well as twice weekly LFTs. Nada.
Polly (mum) got sick two days after the first kid dropped. She’s still quite ill and has been told to work from home, more than two weeks later. Three negative PCRs during that time. I developed vertigo and awful lethargy, over the same time frame and am only just beginning to feel normal. Two negative PCRs in that period. Yet, I was looking after, hugging etc, the poorly kids and Polly. Absolutely no distancing.
Kids were all fine within three or four days.
🤷‍♂️

seankenny

• forum hero
#4432 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
September 21, 2021, 05:48:55 pm
The Covid-19 Bereaved Families for Justice group have been refused entry into the Conservative Party Conference. They had simply wanted to talk to MPs to discuss the holding of a public enquiry. Really, how much shit does this government want to fling at grieving families?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/sep/21/covid-bereaved-families-group-refused-access-to-tory-conference

SA Chris

• forum hero
#4433 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
September 28, 2021, 03:51:50 pm
Any other over 50s now getting directly invited to a flu vaccination appointment by the NHS? A first for me.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#4434 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
September 28, 2021, 04:13:56 pm
Any other over 50s now getting directly invited to a flu vaccination appointment by the NHS? A first for me.

Ha!

Yes.

Got a text from GP, mid August inviting me to book for the middle of September at our mega vaccine centre (where they’re doing the Covid vac too).

Phoned. “Oh, sorry, we didn’t get any of the under 65 vacc doses, we’ll let you know when they arrive”

Bit pissed off to be sent the text, when they knew they couldn’t book me, but…

Got the follow up text last Friday. “Additional clinic for those that were missed” blah blah.

Phoned to book this morning “Oh, sorry, we don’t have any under 65 doses available and we don’t know when we will”.
*sound of teeth grinding*
“So… why did you text me?”

“Well, we thought we were getting doses for under 65’s, but the batch that arrived are for over 65’s only”.

Ok, just breath Matt, don’t laugh out loud. Your GP practice is (maybe) just overwhelmed during this pandemic, and not a bunch of twats at an impromptu fucking twat party, acting like a bunch of fucking twats.
(I had to wait in the cue for the appointments line, for 45 minutes to play this fucking game, because they fucking asked me too.. “You are number… 12… in the cue… (insert repetitive elevator music here)”… etc…

I have no clue if it’s actually a different vacc, but I am fairly sure nobody over there has fucking clue what they’re doing.

I said, “I’m about to go to sea for four months, at the end of October, any chance before then?”

No.

Best to see if the chemist can do it, for a fee, apparently, though probably not, because the doses are not available.

Anyway, tried to buy fuel on the way home from the gym. None of those doses available either, so no fucking climbing tomorrow either.

Wank muffins.

Anyway, how’s your day?

webbo

• forum hero
#4435 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
September 28, 2021, 05:37:39 pm
I received a text asking me to contact to book an appointment last week. November 6th was the earliest appointment available and I’m over 65.

seankenny

• forum hero
#4436 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
September 29, 2021, 10:03:40 am
My partner was on Radio Four's File on Four last night, part of a programme called "Occupational Hazard: The bus drivers who died from Covid":

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001009z

She's talking about her dad and his death, but the show is a really good investigation of one of the many, many fuck-ups that have occured during the pandemic. It gives a real sense of how different organisations failed and then tried to cover up what happened.

slab_happy

• forum hero
#4437 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
September 29, 2021, 12:03:06 pm
I have no clue if it’s actually a different vacc, but I am fairly sure nobody over there has fucking clue what they’re doing.either.

As a point of interest: yeah, the NHS actually does use a different vacc for over-65s, as they have a lower antibody response to the standard flu jab:

https://bnf.nice.org.uk/treatment-summary/influenza-vaccine-2.html

(This has no bearing on whether or not the practice are wank muffins, which seems pretty clear.)

SA Chris

• forum hero
#4438 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
September 29, 2021, 12:17:06 pm
I received a text asking me to contact to book an appointment last week. November 6th was the earliest appointment available and I’m over 65.

I'm 52, and i got a letter saying "your flu jab appointment is booked for". it's like we are living in different countries ;) 

slab_happy

• forum hero

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#4440 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
October 09, 2021, 09:59:36 am
Research attempting to establish true mortality rates worldwide just published.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7852240/

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#4441 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
November 21, 2021, 09:40:11 pm
Today I heard the phrase "fuck the unvaccinated" twice, from two very different people.
They sounded like they meant it.
Is this an organised thing that I have missed?

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#4442 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
November 22, 2021, 07:32:16 am
Today I heard the phrase "fuck the unvaccinated" twice, from two very different people.

In what sense I wonder?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#4443 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
November 22, 2021, 07:53:01 am

In what sense I wonder?

One person was an outraged bystander at one of Saturday's anti vax demos. The other was having a rant about the resources required by Covid treatment in hospitals.
I don't think they meant "fuck" in the sexual way.
It sounded like they were quoting someone or some meme. I wasn't in a position to ask questions about where the phrase came from.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#4444 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
November 22, 2021, 11:37:45 am

In what sense I wonder?

One person was an outraged bystander at one of Saturday's anti vax demos. The other was having a rant about the resources required by Covid treatment in hospitals.
I don't think they meant "fuck" in the sexual way.
It sounded like they were quoting someone or some meme. I wasn't in a position to ask questions about where the phrase came from.

I’m mutual FB friends with a certain well known climber, who may have the  initial “S”. Anyway, I largely ignore his rants, but occasionally it’s too tooth grindingly penetrating to skim over.

At this point, it’s just too obvious that the damn thing is real (pandemic) and the debate was laid to rest, six feet below ground, in around 5 million graves, globally. Yet, still, certain people insist it’s all fake. Anti-vaxers are just the latest incarnation of the Ostrich brigade, so, meme or no meme, I applaud the sentiment.
Perhaps, for clarity, swapping the “the” for “off” is in order.

IanP

• forum abuser
#4445 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
November 22, 2021, 03:51:42 pm

I’m mutual FB friends with a certain well known climber, who may have the  initial “S”. Anyway, I largely ignore his rants, but occasionally it’s too tooth grindingly penetrating to skim over.

Saw this and first though of Ste Mac which seem a bit unlikely to say the least.  A quick facebook search on likely candidates found him first go - not on my friend list but significant number of mutual friends, I'd definitely have unfriended by this point (assuming were talking about the same well known climber  :whistle:).

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#4446 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
November 22, 2021, 04:43:32 pm

Saw this and first though of Ste Mac which seem a bit unlikely to say the least.  A quick facebook search on likely candidates found him first go - not on my friend list but significant number of mutual friends, I'd definitely have unfriended by this point (assuming were talking about the same well known climber  :whistle:).

We Hastobe…

abarro81

• forum hero
#4447 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
November 22, 2021, 05:19:43 pm
I'd never heard anything good about him before this so perhaps it's no surprise...
Someone once told me "he's not got better with age he's just got better at lying"  :lol:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#4448 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
November 22, 2021, 05:34:26 pm
Hardly a secret given his blog's been full of it for a year and a half.

Incidentally I thought "fuck the unvaccinated" was something to do with Tinder filters where you can keep swiping based on your mutual vaxx status compatibility.

petejh

• forum hero
#4449 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
November 22, 2021, 06:07:27 pm
Double jabbed…

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal