UKBouldering.com

Coronavirus Covid-19 (Read 686839 times)

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#3475 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 03, 2021, 01:33:05 pm
Although it was hard to tell exactly what she was saying as her facial muscles didn't seem to be working.
Fuck comments like this, fuck them right off.

The point being publicly called out as a 'coward' based on health choices, generates some discomfort when coming from someone with a net worth of 600million whose chosen to spend a significant amount of money on augmenting surgery based upon or driven by (one presumes) a neurotic desire to live forever. Agreed f. to that.

You mean you, again, don’t you?

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#3476 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 03, 2021, 01:35:42 pm

The point being publicly called out as a 'coward' based on health choices, generates some discomfort when coming from someone with a net worth of 600million whose chosen to spend a significant amount of money on augmenting surgery based upon or driven by (one presumes) a neurotic desire to live forever. Agreed f. to that.

Oh great, so are we to infer you've embraced anti-vaxx lunacy now to go alongside all the others? Or are you just arguing the toss?

abarro81

• forum hero
#3477 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 03, 2021, 01:39:37 pm
I assume that I know nothing and start asking questions from there.

:lol: That's a joke right? If not you should try re-reading your posts once in a while Dan!

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#3478 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 03, 2021, 01:46:53 pm
Although it was hard to tell exactly what she was saying as her facial muscles didn't seem to be working.

Quick question.

If an athlete or individual, chooses to undergo surgery, to prolong their career/hobby life, where such surgery does not prolong life, or, could be considered “unnecessary” by purely objective standards; would you say that was better or worse, than somebody who chooses  cosmetic changes, for similar reasons?

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#3479 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 03, 2021, 01:54:58 pm
Anybody know where I can find the COVID thread?

nik at work

• forum hero
#3480 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 03, 2021, 02:03:54 pm

If that is your point then write that, we should all be free to express our views. However the cheap shot bollocks insults, they piss me off.

FWIW I largely disagree with your point and it’s construction. But that is of no consequence, I have no desire to enter into a discussion about it with you. Others can if they wish.

Loos3-tools

#3481 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 03, 2021, 02:13:54 pm
I assume that I know nothing and start asking questions from there.

:lol: That's a joke right? If not you should try re-reading your posts once in a while Dan!

Haha you're right i can imagine how it comes across, the written and spoken word are very different and I've sat down with a fair few people from here for a chat who would account for the fact it's from a genuinely curious stance. Also JR is right - it's gone off topic

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#3482 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 04, 2021, 11:52:49 am

Got my 5G mind-control nano-particles in early. A silver lining to having DVTs (spoiler: there aren't actually any silver linings to having DVTs). Trying to decide whether I should celebrate by joining the send train bellends beneath Demon Wall Roof, or try to find a local Wetherspoons lock-in illegal party...

battery

• obsessive maniac
#3483 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 04, 2021, 11:55:27 am

Got my 5G mind-control nano-particles in early. A silver lining to having DVTs (spoiler: there aren't actually any silver linings to having DVTs). Trying to decide whether I should celebrate by joining the send train bellends beneath Demon Wall Roof, or try to find a local Wetherspoons lock-in illegal party...

Chuffed for you fiend, fingers crossed you don't get the 2 day hangover to go with it!

tomtom

• forum hero
#3484 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 04, 2021, 12:03:14 pm
Your selfie reminded me that I saw someone with a “Save Ferris” face mask the other day 😁

slab_happy

• forum hero
#3485 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 04, 2021, 12:14:43 pm
Congrats on the nano-particles! May your immune response be robust and your side-effects light!

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#3486 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 04, 2021, 12:25:14 pm
Congrats on the nano-particles! May your immune response be robust and your side-effects light!

He can’t respond, he’s polishing Bill Gate’s evening shoes, he’ll respond once he’s done scrubbing Jeff Bezos’ loo.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#3487 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 04, 2021, 01:07:00 pm
If he suddenly develops an irresistible urge to buy an XBOX X on Amazon we will know it's working.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#3488 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 04, 2021, 01:16:52 pm
Sorry my new protocol prevents me from reading any further posts on UKB* to avoid me being exposed to the potential world outside my front door and thus risking that I Stop Complying.

(* - except one small line of code has an exception permitting me to gain spiritual guidance from Father TomTom of The Church Of Absolute Miserable Obedience)

tomtom

• forum hero
#3489 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 04, 2021, 01:20:14 pm
Stop virtue signalling you cheeky c*nt :)

Loos3-tools

#3490 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 04, 2021, 02:17:02 pm
I see America is gradually re-opening 16 states? Apparently North Dakota has voted to make any future mask mandates illegal

Loos3-tools

#3491 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 04, 2021, 08:07:51 pm
Interesting stats from the ONS.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathsintheukfrom1990to2020

On paper it seems like 2020 was the worst year since 2008

Loos3-tools

#3492 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 04, 2021, 08:09:34 pm

And the award for the most ineffective mask goes to....

Loos3-tools

#3493 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 05, 2021, 06:44:46 am
I’m still trying to wrap my head around this miracle. Praise be for covid and the government, they managed to wipe out the flu. If you’re going to tell a lie..... etc

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/health/flu-cases-covid-england-phe-latest-b1805124.html%3famp

slab_happy

• forum hero
#3494 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 05, 2021, 07:51:39 am
I agree that it's jaw-dropping that they found zero cases, but are you actually claiming that this is a "lie" and Public Health England is involved in some sort of conspiracy to hide flu cases for unknown reasons?

The dramatic drop in flu is well documented round the world. Here's what happened in the southern hemisphere during their flu season, where cases were described as "virtually nonexistent":

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/flu-season-never-came-to-the-southern-hemisphere1/

More stuff from Nature:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03519-3

So either the whole world's in on the conspiracy, or there really has been a huge drop in flu cases.

Which is not really surprising, given that the methods to try to block transmission of one respiratory virus are also going to work pretty well on another virus that happens to be transmitted through exactly the same methods. Plus a lot of places (UK included) have boosted the shit out of their flu vaccination programmes to try to prevent hospitals from crashing under the weight of the flu season as well as covid.

Loos3-tools

#3495 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 05, 2021, 08:06:32 am
Yes I am claiming it is a lie that has manifested from pandemic health policy.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#3496 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 05, 2021, 08:12:14 am
I’m still trying to wrap my head around this miracle. Praise be for covid and the government, they managed to wipe out the flu. If you’re going to tell a lie..... etc

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/health/flu-cases-covid-england-phe-latest-b1805124.html%3famp

Almost as if the actions of society, that have reduced the spread and infection rate of one respiratory virus (action of an unprecedented degree in almost a century, yet very similar to those employed successfully against a flu variant a century ago) had an impact on other respiratory virus spread.
You’re not even trying, are you?
Are you actually this easily convinced by those who wish to control your ire, for their political gain?
You need to apply some critical thinking to your opinions. Wake up! You are being lead by the nose, in service of your idols. Do some research! Stop letting the alternative media control your brain! It’s all lies! Viruses are real! They just don’t want you to believe in them, because they’re afraid you won’t buy their healing crystals anymore! They know they don’t work! You need to use your mind! Look at the science! If you look hard, you can see it, the scientific consensus! It’s real! They don’t want you to know! Because their “Woo” industry is worth Billions! Billions! They need to sell their Jade eggs for you to stuff in your quim (if you have one) or “Magic light” machines to fight the virus (that five minutes earlier they claimed didn’t exist)!
They control you Dan! Fight back!

Loos3-tools

#3497 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 05, 2021, 08:19:55 am
I also believe that mandating by law lockdowns, face coverings and any other health procedure is a human rights abuse.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#3498 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 05, 2021, 08:21:59 am
I agree that it's jaw-dropping that they found zero cases, but are you actually claiming that this is a "lie" and Public Health England is involved in some sort of conspiracy to hide flu cases for unknown reasons?

The dramatic drop in flu is well documented round the world. Here's what happened in the southern hemisphere during their flu season, where cases were described as "virtually nonexistent":

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/flu-season-never-came-to-the-southern-hemisphere1/

More stuff from Nature:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03519-3

So either the whole world's in on the conspiracy, or there really has been a huge drop in flu cases.

Which is not really surprising, given that the methods to try to block transmission of one respiratory virus are also going to work pretty well on another virus that happens to be transmitted through exactly the same methods. Plus a lot of places (UK included) have boosted the shit out of their flu vaccination programmes to try to prevent hospitals from crashing under the weight of the flu season as well as covid.

The flu vaccine was rolled out a full month earlier too. I got an invite, almost three months before I actually turned 50 and the practice nurse said they had ramped up because they were already expecting an awful winter (mid Oct).
Father-in-law, reckoned the increased vigilance during the Southern Hemisphere season, meant they identified the prevalent strain earlier and going into lockdown (Nov) right at the season start, from an already socially distanced, mask wearing, starting point, with only a brief let up before the January lockdown; meant the Flu didn’t have it’s usual opportunity to become endemic, this year.
You would almost think “the system’ and “the science” worked.
So glad Dan is here to keep us from believing the evidence of our eyes...

slab_happy

• forum hero
#3499 Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
March 05, 2021, 08:25:54 am
Yes I am claiming it is a lie that has manifested from pandemic health policy.

Okay. So all the staff of Public Health England -- and the health agencies and virological services of a huge number of other countries -- have been convinced to tell a gigantic lie about the number of flu cases?

Because this would have to be a vast, co-ordinated international conspiracy requiring a huge number of people involved in processing tests etc. etc. in order to falsify data and cover up the true figures about this, and requiring everyone involved to maintain total silence and not a single person to whistle-blow.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal