UKBouldering.com

Pain in Ball of foot (Read 997 times)

Duma

• forum hero
Pain in Ball of foot
February 26, 2020, 08:28:56 pm
I've developed a pain in the underside/inside edge of the ball of my left foot, probably first noticed it early feb. It's hardly noticable most of the timebut has become increasingly painful when putting a lot of weight through the toes on less steep ground when climbing, and in the last week or to even when bending the big toe in trainers. No significant impact I can recall to set it off. I didn't climb for a week over half term and it hasn't improved. Thought it might be new trainers that are a little narrow, but haven't worn them for around a fortnight with no improvement either.
Any ideas what might be going on and how to treat it?

edit: corrected outside to inside

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1 Re: Pain in Ball of foot
February 27, 2020, 09:02:34 am
Get a golf or lacrose ball to release tension under feet? Feels great after.

Trail

#2 Re: Pain in Ball of foot
February 27, 2020, 10:58:00 am
I had something similar that turned out to be sesamoiditis (If i've got the part of the foot you're talking about right). The 2 little bones at the base of your big toe get inflammed, a prod around with your fingers you should be able to feel them and see if they hurt.
Was pretty much no climbing for 6 weeks to try and get the inflammation to calm down, made no difference so ended up getting a cortisone shot which sorted it.
There's some taping videos floating about for Turf toe that I found useful for giving a bit of support, dancers pads are also good for taking the pressure off (and I think would've probably sorted it for me if i'd started using them earlier.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal