UKBouldering.com

Global Dampening Club 518 10-16 Feb 2020 (Read 8246 times)

eastside

• regular

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
S - Depot Pudsey. 50 board session. After a couple of warm ups decided to experiment with ankle weights.

Were you with Tim Palmer at the time? If so, I was the lanky person on the 30 board moaning about feeling weak after a holiday (and contributing to a slightly bizarre spell of shouting encouragement in German - Raus! Einfach Klasse! Wie komme ich zum Bahnhof!?). Always nice to put a face to the pseudonym!

Bradders

• forum hero
S - Depot Pudsey. 50 board session. After a couple of warm ups decided to experiment with ankle weights.

Were you with Tim Palmer at the time? If so, I was the lanky person on the 30 board moaning about feeling weak after a holiday (and contributing to a slightly bizarre spell of shouting encouragement in German - Raus! Einfach Klasse! Wie komme ich zum Bahnhof!?). Always nice to put a face to the pseudonym!

No that was Foley! Although sure he'll be flattered to be mistaken for Tim :lol: I was the handsome one burning him off ;)

Likewise anyway! Although having German shouted at you is one of the more off-putting heckles I've had haha

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
Power Club

Mon - boxing bag, power and some speed.
Tue - rest.
Wed - weights, glutes, bar work.
Thu - rest.
Fri - quick complex, very tired.
Sat - bar work, landmine barbell work, trap bar DL finisher 30", farmer's finisher 30".
Sun - ab wheel, one set of 100. Boxing bag.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento

No that was Foley! Although sure he'll be flattered to be mistaken for Tim :lol: I was the handsome one burning him off ;)

Likewise anyway! Although having German shouted at you is one of the more off-putting heckles I've had haha

Ah.. it was indeed Foley...sorry for the confusion - I met Tim the day after. All these Depot sessions this winter are already melding into one... and so many wet weekends probably still to come...

Bradders

• forum hero
so many wet weekends probably still to come...

Let's hope so, don't want outdoor climbing getting in the way of my board projects  :devil-smiley:

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
My first real post! Sorry its a bit long

Quick intro: I'm 41, 6'2", 180# - would like to be 170-175# eventually. I'm pathetically weak but I've been climbing a long time, sent many v6-v7 but plateau'd around v7 for a long time. Did one v8 and a couple v9. Then got weaker over the last couple years, stuck at v6 right now. Started training again seriously a couple weeks ago. I live in Bishop and I have a great home gym (see below) so I have no excuse. Will be in Font for three weeks March 11-April 1.

The home wall:

Welcome

That's amazing home wall! How/why did you end up with such a thing?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
It's better than the bouldering section of our local commercial wall.  Spectacular.

AMorris

• obsessive maniac
  • Trying to find form
That home wall  :o  :lets_do_it_wild: glorious! Strong entry to the power club that

I have had a fairly fruitful recovery period, after not having climbed for well over a month and doing limited training. I was hangboarding for a couple of weeks prior to climbing again for some "active recovery", but that did not seem to be doing anything and I still felt weak as a kitten. Then, a couple of weekends back, we reset the local wall, which consists of 2 1/2 days of pretty intense setting and testing, forcing me to climb again. This seemed to reactivate something in me, and brought back some strength and psyche, both of which were lacking previously.

Since then I have been working on my new projects at the wall in a casual fashion, and hangboarding twice a week. I feel vaguely strong again ;D thank god, which I attribute to one major thing: post session forearm stretching. Doing this has significantly relieved tension in my forearms, which I believe to be the cause of my pretty minging epicondylitis, allowing me to do a great deal more upper arm training without pain. This has had a dramatic effect on my overall power.

Anyway, enough waffle:

M - Climbing at the wall. Felt brutalised by the previous few days setting but couldn't help myself getting on the new problems. Felt weak but enthusiastic. A good session.

T - Rest

W - Hangboard sesh. 45min Arms, fingers, core. Consisted of one armers, oner arm french eccentrics, half crimp hang on the low rung, 6mm hangs, front levers. Felt very good, and was psyched out of my tiny mind that everything felt substantially easier than they have previously.

T - Climbing at the wall. Made some progress on my hard project (when I set it I thought it around 8A+, now perhaps not) and realised I can do it. Found a rubbish new project on the board which I attacked with enthusiasm. Remembered why I love climbing. Another good session.

F - Rest

S - Climbing at the wall. Stuck the crux move on my hard project, all the moves go now! Can only give it max 30mins of work a session though due to having to pull hard on front two full crimped <half-pad pockets, which is a recipe for disaster for a pocket punter like me. Finished the rubbish project and threw it up on my instagram for people to shitpost on. Good session #3.

S - I needed to rest my fingers but was psyched, so arms today. One armers and french eccentrics, followed by core. I then started fucking around and realised I could hang the low BM2 rung half crimp and flip a 5kg plate in the other hand. Not exactly an essential for climbing, but a fun 20 minutes nonetheless.

Still some recovery to do, but I can feel my enthusiasm returning, which I am happy about.

Hopefully at some point before society crumbles into dust we will get some weather suitable for climbing, and I can get back on the rock. A man can dream...

SA Chris

• forum hero
Shitey week.

M - FA
T - Treadmill session at lunch
W - OK climbing session down the wall. Actually got a couple of hardish things done
T - FA
F -  FA travelling fly to luton
S -  FA more travelling drive to Poole, weather utter gasg, walked to pub for a beer, then down to beach to get sandblasted by wet sand and horizontal rain.
S - short walk in rain. Hoped to motivate family to get kids down to the Project bouldering centre, but didn't happen.
M - slightly drier, short walk in park, long trip back.

Drank too much, ate too much, exercised too little.

eastside

• regular

Welcome

That's amazing home wall! How/why did you end up with such a thing?

Thank you! Well the property I bought had an extra building behind the house, which is why I bought it. It's 36'x24' with a 12' high ceiling in the middle. I turned most of it into a big cave as you can see, took about six weeks and was my first real carpentry project, thankfully I remembered my trig else it never would have come together. I wanted a place to invite a dozen friends to come have a session after work or when the weather is bad, and also to be a fully functional facility for regular training. Right now it has probably seventy marked problems v0-v7, potential for much harder but I can't grade what I can't climb. So anyway I really have no excuse for being as weak as I am :)

Dolly

• forum hero
Thought I might join in again for a bit

New lad from east side. Your wall looks brilliant apart from a) no glitter ball b)no wooden holds c) no info about sound system

M
T Shed for a bit. Planned to go out for a bit but tweaked my back on Sunday sorting out stuff in the garden
W More shed power. As if you can ever have too much power
T Running over that moor before Gardoms. Muddy with some moor some trees and brilliant, loved it
F Bastard beastmaker hanging on bits of wood. You know the thing
S Got fucking piss wet through twice. Once taking  down nets after daughters footy match. Piss wet through to skin despite my fucking million pound arc Teryxc jacket. Secondly walking back from bastard Hillsboro seeing fucking Wednesday loise again
S massive hard shed session before going out for my mums 89th birthday party

Dolly

• forum hero
Forgot to mention that I drove to bastard Luton on Wednesday night to watch fucking Wednesday lose
Honestly genuinely what a fucking shithole
Even Hull is better

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Good sweary comeback, Dolly.

Favourite quote from yummies who've been caught out in the rain in their new Rab down for the first time:
"you'd think for that price they'd make them waterproof".

And luckily Luton's only 2 hours away, perfectly acceptable journey time to find more wet rock so surely also ok to watch your team lose in a shithole.

tomtom

• forum hero
Forgot to mention that I drove to bastard Luton on Wednesday night to watch fucking Wednesday lose
Honestly genuinely what a fucking shithole
Even Hull is better

Ever been to Swindon?

SA Chris

• forum hero
Before you guys start comparing shitholes, take a drive through some central belt towns sometime.

tomtom

• forum hero
Before you guys start comparing shitholes, take a drive through some central belt towns sometime.

We’re waiting for Will to come along and downgrade the shitholes :)

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
New lad from east side. Your wall looks brilliant apart from a) no glitter ball b)no wooden holds c) no info about sound system

d) V grades  ;)

eastside

• regular

d) V grades  ;)

a) I do have one! And spots. But they're in storage, only get brought out a couple times per year.
b) There are a few wooden holds. I'm not a big fan of the slippery texture though and the wood has begun to crack. I prefer polyurethane.
c) I wasn't going to mention it but since you asked:

d) Yes V grades. And I drive on the right side of the road to boot. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal