UKBouldering.com

Revelation that one can own multiple pairs of shoes (Read 5933 times)

crzylgs

• stalker
Hmm... Could I send one shoe to Llanberis and the other one to Feet First?

benpritch

• forum abuser
Just to say I think Llanberis resoles are great. The majority of my climbing is done in resoled Scarpa VS (unless i spot a new pair on ebay) and I never feel like they are slowing me down.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
P.S. cheque you cheeky bugger I was giving opinions and anecdotes as requested just in a very dull way.

erm, sam

• forum hero
I usually get shoes resoled at Llanberis Resoles. I have had them done at other places over the years but I keep going back to Torquil. Like Nai says, it is pretty much better than getting a new pair. Like getting a new pair you don't have to break in.

I only tend to resole once per pair as they are usually too shagged by the time the resole wears out.
I have 3 pairs of my preffered shoe on the go at the moment. They are each a half size different to the other and actually i find it works really well. I mostly climb in the bigger two pairs with the small one for particularly tiny foot holds.

Miura VS by the way.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"

battery

• obsessive maniac
Just got my five Tens resoled at Cheshire Shoe Repairs including some rubber over the toes. Upon first try indoors last night I'm really impressed. Slightly different shape but nothing detrimental. They feel like new shoes just not quite so painful!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal