UKBouldering.com

Tarantulace give in and size increase (Read 1569 times)

felipefm

Tarantulace give in and size increase
February 11, 2020, 06:45:41 pm
Hiya! I'm buying a tarantulace and as it is leather and it'll give, I'd like to hear some experiences with it! I'm normally 10.5, but the 9.5 (44 euro) fits tight but ok-ish. If it only gives in half a size, it'll be perfect, but if it stretches one size I think it'll be fairly loose, as the 10.5 was! Any tips or experiences with the tarantulace to help me decide? There's the option of ordering a 43.5, which might be even tighter, but as it'll give, it might be an option as well!

Cheers!

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Re: Tarantulace give in and size increase
February 12, 2020, 09:02:14 am
I doubt if many here will be able to give an opinion as they are a rather mediocre shoe aimed at beginners. I demo'ed a pair thinking I might use them for long and easy trad. routes but the rubber was not the best. It's not one of the Vibram rubbers used on the more expensive Sportiva shoes. Even as a comfortable low performance shoe, I think you can do better.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 01:07:02 pm by duncan »

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2 Re: Tarantulace give in and size increase
February 12, 2020, 09:08:34 am
I got a pair cheap, but have relegated them to a warm up shoe pretty quickly. They were pretty floppy to start, and just got softer, and the rubbber, as Duncan says, is less than great. I'd agree at looking at something else, especially if you want any decent performance out of it.

felipefm

#4 Re: Tarantulace give in and size increase
February 13, 2020, 09:48:24 am
Thanks for all the replies. I've been duped by reviews online haha saying it was a great one for beginners. The price difference is not big between that finale and the tarantulace! I'll take a look. Cheers!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#5 Re: Tarantulace give in and size increase
February 13, 2020, 10:16:06 am
I wore mine for a bit down the wall yesterday for a bit and when laced up tightly they are actually OK, just don't seem to have a lot of support, touted as a beginner shoe, but so soft you need to have pretty strong toes to get the best out of them, and lack any structure where you would like it.

felipefm

#6 Re: Tarantulace give in and size increase
February 26, 2020, 02:05:39 pm
Maybe a better option?
https://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/p/la-sportiva-mens-finale-lace-climbing-shoe-F1114003.html?channable=e65395.MjAwMjY3XzY3MDk&colour=6709&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4qLqvOHL5wIVVODtCh0rtgQBEAkYASABEgJc0vD_BwE

Jonathan, got those for 67 pounds at cotswold sales! Do you know if they stretch half or a full size? It is very tight and hurts a little bit my toes, but if it gives half a size it'll be perfect. It is a 44 (9.5). I'm a regular 10.5, but the 44 with a little bit of stretching will be great, I'm just afraid if it doesn't give it'll be fairly difficult to use. the 43 was very tight so I didn't even considered. They don't have the 43.5 size as it is EUR size :( I'm still reluctant to use them on the wall and lose the warranty if I need to return in case they don't give haha. Any tips?

Cheers,
x.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal