UKBouldering.com

Strangeness Club 27 Jan - 2 Feb (Read 8725 times)

James Malloch

• forum hero
#50 Re: Strangeness Club 27 Jan - 2 Feb
February 05, 2020, 09:58:42 am
and Powerband (7C - this one will take quite a bit of time I think).

Have you done Bens? If not it’s worth considering instead as it’s almost perma dry, less tweaky, has progression options, is better for route training (especially core) and almost certainly easier

Ben’s is in my mind too! I’ve played on them both in the past when at uni. There’s something I always liked about Powerband which is why I’d love to do it. Though I’ll likely end up trying both. I’m working in Sheffield Monday and Tuesdays now with my new job so when the evenings are longer I’ll be out then all being well.

Still need to tick off a route at the Tor too. Tin of or Sardines should hopefully go now.

Ben’s was a weird one for me - I used to find it okay other than the high toe-hook move near the beginning. Only managed that once!

Edit - I think that for Powerband I tried it once and got nowhere, then after getting a board in the house & doing some campusing I went back and kind of floated up the moves (in smallish sections). I really want to do it as I know I’ll need to get floaty-light strong  ;D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 10:03:48 am by James Malloch »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal