UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fantasy Premier League (Read 1708 times)

bolehillbilly

• stalker
Balls to Fantasy Premier League
January 29, 2020, 09:52:41 pm
Just set up the UKB Fantasy Premier League. New season, new sponsor. #wegoagain  :lol:

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Code: 87p4hq

:thumbsup:

Fairly pleased with progress so far in my first season. I only joined in GWK 2, some missed opportunities early on and wasted my triple captain but optimistic about the run in. Be interested to see how people feel it's going so far. Race for second is getting tight.
Basically I'd be happy to finish above Mark20  :boxing:

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#1 Re: Balls to Fantasy Premier League
January 29, 2020, 10:52:57 pm
Last couple of seasons I had my best “gameweeks” when I forgot to change my team around so I attempted more of a hands off role this time.

Hasn’t worked very well...

So much of fantasy football is down to who you pick as your captain and I seem to always be a week behind with who’s going to get the most points this season. I love football’s unpredictability and that’s alway reinforced in the fantasy version! Amazing that people bet real money on it.

tomtom

• forum hero
#2 Re: Balls to Fantasy Premier League
January 30, 2020, 07:55:50 am
Am I last?

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#3 Re: Balls to Fantasy Premier League
January 30, 2020, 08:47:08 am
Second-last. You might want to replace Sanchez & Mkhitarian...

tomtom

• forum hero
#4 Re: Balls to Fantasy Premier League
January 30, 2020, 09:15:57 am
Second-last. You might want to replace Sanchez & Mkhitarian...

Oops!!

sxrxg

• obsessive maniac
#5 Re: Balls to Fantasy Premier League
January 30, 2020, 02:45:45 pm
Started off poorly going down to 3.3 million overall however built value early on with Lundstrum, Cantwell, Ings, etc. Now up to a team value of just over £106 million that has let me build a team i am happy with (didn't need to play the second wildcard on the 1st of January this year!) After playing my triple captain this week on Salah (who racked me up 48 points) I'm now inside the top 50,000 overall. Generally having a pretty decent season and if i can keep up my average weekly points hauls of 58ppw it will net me over 2200 points, this would be my highest ever total since starting playing in the 2011/2012 season.

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#6 Re: Balls to Fantasy Premier League
January 30, 2020, 05:03:36 pm
I started off quite well then work and life got in the way and I completely forgot about it for about 2months.  Back on it again, and had a great week this past one to jump up to third.  Basically if you have three of six possible liverpool players (robertson, alex-arnold, van djik, salah, mane, firmino) and de bruyne and either of vardy/aubamayang/aguero, you're probably doing fine. 

Everything else seems like its all over the place. 

mark20

• junky
#7 Re: Balls to Fantasy Premier League
January 30, 2020, 05:17:18 pm
Started off well, and now rapidly sliding down the table mainly due to my refusal to get Vardy/Ings/Trent when they started doing well because "everyone has them and that's boring" and getting in players who I like rather than them being good on FF. I think the best strategy is just get the fairly standard team everyone else has and play it safe.
I'm currently a bit frustrated with it, and it can take something away from watching the footy at the weekend when your defender looses his clean sheet etc etc rather than enjoying the beautiful game for what it is. But maybe that's a bit like proclaiming a route as shit when you keep failing on it  ::)
I still have all my chips left so hoping for an end of season comeback  :boxing:

bolehillbilly

• stalker
#8 Re: Balls to Fantasy Premier League
January 30, 2020, 06:08:53 pm
it can take something away from watching the footy at the weekend :boxing:

I had a moment of frustration  when I had Rashford and de Gea in against Watford but then quickly came to my senses.
 :spank:

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#9 Re: Balls to Fantasy Premier League
January 30, 2020, 07:28:36 pm
my refusal to get Vardy/Ings/Trent when they started doing well because "everyone has them and that's boring" and getting in players who I like rather than them being good on FF.

Yeah, I never have Man United players (not that that’s too much of a problem recently) and always fall foul of getting players who are amazing but not in a way that translates into getting big fantasy scores (eg Grealish).

bolehillbilly

• stalker
#10 Re: Balls to Fantasy Premier League
June 20, 2020, 11:08:00 am
Game on.
 I feel like I've lost my mojo a bit and predict a strong finish for Rankinio. I'd be happy to hang on for top 3.
Hard to know how 5 subs and lots of games in a short timeframe will affect squad rotations too.
City look like they have 2 full first teams and could be tricky to predict selection strategies.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal