UKBouldering.com

ACT training (Read 5136 times)

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
ACT training
January 22, 2020, 10:17:58 pm
Volker Schoeffl has asked me to share this (free) publication of his. It's a system of exercises in 2 parts - the first aimed at injury prevention and the second at rehabbing some common climbing injuries. He's produced it with Dicki Korb and Patrick Matros (of Cafe Kraft/ coaching Alex Megos fame). For those that have not heard of Volker he is an orthopaedic surgeon with an interest in climbing injuries and author of One Move Too Many. He's also the doctor for the german competition team and the world go-to guy for finger injuries.

View online or download here: www.act.clinic

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#1 Re: ACT training
January 22, 2020, 10:34:03 pm
Wow, that looks like a useful resource, thanks for posting it Ru.

crzylgs

• stalker
#2 Re: ACT training
January 22, 2020, 11:02:29 pm
 :agree: Very handy document to reference

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#3 Re: ACT training
January 23, 2020, 09:27:34 am
Nice one VolkeRu.

steveri

• forum abuser
  • More average than you
    • Some poor pictures
#4 Re: ACT training
January 23, 2020, 09:54:57 am
Looks great thanks. Not the first person with sore elbows but that's my blueprint now :)

Duma

• forum hero
#5 Re: ACT training
January 23, 2020, 10:28:14 am
Looks really handy, thanks Ru.
This does grate a bit though:
ADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASADIDASI suppose we have to pay somehow.

tomtom

• forum hero
#6 Re: ACT training
January 23, 2020, 10:30:06 am
Sad Ida? ;)

T_B

• forum hero
#7 Re: ACT training
January 23, 2020, 01:14:42 pm
It looks nicely laid out, but describing exercises via the digital 'page' just seems backward to me nowadays. Just make a series of videos and stick em on Youtube. With links through to Adidas so that I can buy some nice striped tights.

sheavi

• menacing presence
#8 Re: ACT training
January 30, 2020, 03:51:10 pm
Thanks for posting.  Volker's a dude.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#9 Re: ACT training
January 30, 2020, 07:02:03 pm
It looks nicely laid out, but describing exercises via the digital 'page' just seems backward to me nowadays. Just make a series of videos and stick em on Youtube. With links through to Adidas so that I can buy some nice striped tights.
Download link does not work for me, but pess ‘print’ and it creates a downloadable pdf.

crzylgs

• stalker
#10 Re: ACT training
January 30, 2020, 07:44:35 pm
Download link does not work for me, but pess ‘print’ and it creates a downloadable pdf.

To confirm did you try 'Download Pages' > 'Download All Pages' because that worked for me on a couple PCs, I remember whatever I tried first did not work properly.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#11 Re: ACT training
January 30, 2020, 07:55:53 pm
I don't recall, but it did finally work when I pressed print because it created a downloadable pdf to print from; I saved and read that, much easier than the digital book.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#12 Re: ACT training
April 04, 2020, 10:41:06 am
Thought it was worth bumping this up as my main man is now crippled with golfers after 9 days straight of board climbing and fingerboarding  ::)

tomtom

• forum hero
#13 Re: ACT training
April 04, 2020, 10:43:48 am
Who’s your main man Shark? Or is this the first stage to referring to yourself in the 3rd person?

Shark is not amused. Etc.. etc..

😃

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#14 Re: ACT training
April 04, 2020, 10:48:56 am
If only I was able to board climb using devil hangs only for my left  :punk:

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#15 Re: ACT training
April 04, 2020, 12:13:42 pm
If only I was able to board climb using devil hangs only for my left  :punk:

Not sure that saying “ I didn’t do something silly, because I had already done something sillier” is a great recommendation of your training method...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal