the shizzle > diet, training and injuries

A2 News

<< < (12/12)

Fultonius:

--- Quote from: Moo on February 13, 2024, 02:00:21 pm ---Sounds like it’s all headed in the right direction fult, just try to not to get over excited!!

--- End quote ---

The inevitable...

On Thursday I warmed up at the Propstore, the usual, progressively harder half crimp hangs on the fingerboard. 20mm & BW, fine. 10mm & BW, fine.  Did some recruitment pulls on a 21mm campus edge one handed, fine. No pain, totally solid.

So, decided to have a short, carful boulder session before some gym work. All went well. Had some feeling of sensation around the A2 after one problem but it went away in 10-15 seconds and didn't notice it at all for the rest of the session. Finished early after maybe 15-20 attempts at various problems. No pain all day.

Woke up next morning, A2 a bit stiff and sore  :'(  Kinda tender and noticeable all day, to be honest, almost as much as when I first hurt it....  Had to climb 3 wind turbines, so 150m of ladder climbing. Feltnit a bit, but probably mainly just from the square metal rungs.

This morning it was ok, a bit of sensation/soreness first few fist clenches. Tentatively built up to 80%ish BW half crimp on the board, noticeable mild sensation (still not really "pain"). Feeling ok all day.

Thought I'd fucked it, but probably ok.  :devangel:

Fiend:
Based on my generalised multiple injury management learning from guru Biscuit, I would say you might be okay with the day-after-day-after having a noticable drop in pain. Obviously ease off for a bit and, errr, try not to get over excited....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version