UKBouldering.com

Naturally strong? (Read 24262 times)

Nutty

• obsessive maniac
#50 Re: Naturally strong?
November 29, 2019, 09:51:43 am
Arguably, spacing should be 23.5cm between rung top edges for first and second rung and 20cm for the rest:https://rockclimberstrainingmanual.com/2015/01/14/the-original-campus-board/

gme

• forum hero
#51 Re: Naturally strong?
November 29, 2019, 11:57:51 am
(I reckon, when they put up the Schoolroom board, they made a 200mm spacer. They put up the lowest rung and then rested the next rung on the spacer to fix it, instead of drawing a line and putting the top edge of the next rung on the line.
And thus, a new standard was born.)

The schools campus board was originally built in bens backyard and lived there for a year or so before the school was built. Back then we really were not that bothered with all the standardisation that people want so we just built it to some rough dimensions Ben had. We were not trying to exactly replicate the original.
The level of "thought" that went into these things and the school boards was pretty minimal.

And i still cant use the quote function on this site properly

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#52 Re: Naturally strong?
November 29, 2019, 04:27:03 pm
(I reckon, when they put up the Schoolroom board, they made a 200mm spacer. They put up the lowest rung and then rested the next rung on the spacer to fix it, instead of drawing a line and putting the top edge of the next rung on the line.
And thus, a new standard was born.)

The schools campus board was originally built in bens backyard and lived there for a year or so before the school was built. Back then we really were not that bothered with all the standardisation that people want so we just built it to some rough dimensions Ben had. We were not trying to exactly replicate the original.
The level of "thought" that went into these things and the school boards was pretty minimal.

And i still cant use the quote function on this site properly

Yup, makes sense.

My first was a rip off from Steph Davies (Davis? Not sure without googling), backyard jobby, that she’d written an article about.

That would be 25 years ago, at least.

I was mesmerised by that vid of Bachar training on the caving ladder at the time and convinced it would make me awesome.
Then read about Campusing.

Neither worked.
Never made it to Awesome town. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal