UKBouldering.com

Is it worth flying across the Atlantic to climb on the grit? (Read 14074 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I was being sarcastic / a bit of a dick.

There is a ton of amazing bouldering there (I've been a few times, but not often enough), a lot of it not susceptible to sogginess that plagues the ground beneath Malc's Arete (which too many people seem to focus solely on) in wet spells, hence the comment in response to Alex's.

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
Malc's Arete (which too many people seem to focus solely on) in wet spells, hence the comment in response to Alex's.

I think this is understandable though, there are few more aesthetically pleasing boulders in the whole country (/world). I guess there’s also not a huge amount more in that grade range at Torridon, all the other mega lines are harder or easier.

Amazing spot, slightly spoiled by the NW500 or whatever it’s called in more recent years.

petejh

• forum hero
edit, moved to other thread..

Alex-the-Alex

• menacing presence
I was being facetious too.. Torridon is amazing. And you can walk and walk and find more rock to climb. But I do have to resist getting drawn back to Malcs...
I was sticking up for Kishorn. It's fairly spread out but far from limited. And the rock is maybe even nicer than a Torridon.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal