technical > music production

Major Mac nerd help needed - interface issue

(1/7) > >>

Monolith:
So I went and updated my Mac OS to Catalina last night. I've come to use Ableton Live and hooked my Digi Rack 002 (https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/digidesign-digi-002-rack) up. The drivers no longer work due to some 32 bit 64 bit bullshit I don't understand anything about.The drivers have been unsupported for a long time but I don't need support. Whisky fulfils that need.

Granted the interface is from the early noughties but it does the job nicely, was gifted to me and I don't want it to be rendered obsolete by some Mac fanboys.

Is there any technical nerdery I can engage in to get it working again? Ideally I don't want to revert back to High Sierra and nor do I want to run an emulator or anything like that.

Any help is warmly appreciated!

remus:
I don't know much about the specifics of your hardware/drivers but the 32/64bit sounds ominous: Apple have stopped all support for 32 bits programs in catalina.

Probably the least technically challenging solution would be to go back to high sierra. Otherwise you're only bet is an emulator of some description. Sorry, not great news!

Falling Down:
Hi mono- unfortunately you might just have to be patient and wait until someone writes a new driver (if that even works at all given the shift to 64 bit) or just revert back to Sierra.

I tend not to upgrade my mac to a new OS for a while as it takes some time for the audio suppliers to catch up and I’ve been left unable to use my gear in the past.

Sorry I can’t be of more help.

B

tomtom:
I’ve an old laptop in my office running Windows95 (remember that?) for getting data from one aging instrument... (scientific not musical...)

Monolith:
Thanks all. After a few hours research, I've come to the conclusion that I'll need to revert back to Mojave. I only really updated to correct an Itunes issue which on balance, I don't care too much about.

This also got me thinking how despite Apple wish to be perceived as 'innovators' and 'disruptors', they've created a giant silicon scrapheap. Not exactly climate friendly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version