UKBouldering.com

Toulouse (Read 1427 times)

tc

• junky
Toulouse
November 04, 2019, 02:58:31 pm
I'm going to be in Toulouse for a couple of days at the end of this week. There are a couple of bouldering walls in the city but I was wondering which is the best.
Any recommendations?

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#1 Re: Toulouse
November 04, 2019, 04:54:58 pm
Blockout has usually the best setting, SOLO Minimes the worst. SOLO L'union is quite old school.

Altissimo's business plan (both walls) is to have zero costs, so no fancy setting and no cleaning of holds. SOLO is a bit similar in this aspect but has a much bigger wall, so generally better I'd say.

I haven't been to La Ô in several years, but they used to have very good setting and really hard median difficulty. I haven't been to Starting Block in a long time either, but it used to be good.

Overall I recommend Block'out. It is quite expensive though, but I find it worth it even on a French salary.

If the weather continues to be this horrible I'll probably go to the Block'out on Thursday
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 05:00:56 pm by jwi »

tc

• junky
#2 Re: Toulouse
November 04, 2019, 05:41:12 pm
 Excellent, thanks for the comprehensive review jwi  :great: I'm aiming to boulder on Thursday and Friday so if you decide to go gimme a shout. I'll pm you my mobile number.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal