UKBouldering.com

What's the hardest move you've ever done? (Read 14766 times)

peewee

• obsessive maniac
  • Wilko Baggins
  • If in doubt, Lock it out (Dynamically)
I'm torn between 3/4 problems:

catching the rh pinch on Deluvian at Kilnsey

Start move to Grand/Impropa sit at The Bowderstone

pulling up on the tiny LH sidepull on Tea with Elamarie in Rocklands

First move of Submarine at Craigy longridge (200 ish attempts went the first time i caught it)

monkoffunk

• forum abuser
  • sponsored by 90% lindt and vitamin D
Hardest move I ever did was first move on Declassified on Portland. Took multiple sessions just to do the move, I think I did it twice and the second time went to the top with a pretty weighty plant dab. Couldn’t bring myself to try it again after that, maybe one day I’ll have another go.

Watching the video back now it does look pretty suspect to me.

https://youtu.be/XxQ8Fuh4qVw?t=1m19s

monkoffunk

• forum abuser
  • sponsored by 90% lindt and vitamin D
But at least I did the move!

AMorris

• obsessive maniac
  • Trying to find form
I'm struggling with this question. Time Regained is probably the hardest sequence I've done on a trad lead.

Time for a hardest question you have ever been asked about climbing thread?

tomtom

• forum hero

First move of Submarine at Craigy longridge (200 ish attempts went the first time i caught it)

Your undercling problem at Blackstone is nearly my hardest move. Nearly - because I’ve not managed to do it!

mr chaz

• obsessive maniac
Do I need to have climbed the whole thing? If not, its the shoulder move out right on Mr Fantastic. If so, then its the Graviton mantel (or any mantel, to be honest).

Duma

• forum hero
It's weird how hard this is to answer, I was kind of assuming that the cliché "I've never really done a hard move" was just a bit of false modesty nonsense, but have looked through the hardest things in my logbook a few times now and can't really come up with any. Maybe the crossover bit on Devon Sent?
There's a hard drop in move on Electric Copper in Rocklands, but I could repeat that pretty consistently.
Dynos are nicely defined single moves and feel hard if you only just catch them, Push the Tempo in Rocklands felt amazing but I suspect if I had a few more goes I could have refined the body position and had a bit to spare.
The move on Tea with Elmarie that peewee mentioned is def a lot harder than any of these but I couldn't do it :-(

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
The short person's jump to the better arete gaston/guppy on Sulky Little Boys @ Slipstones. Absolutely desperate. For tall / normal people you'd just reach the hold with your feet in the low break, and it would be so trivial it's scarcely a move, before relaxing into the rockover to the pocket, which is of course piss and took me 2 or 3 goes after spending 2 sessions trying to catch the pop.

All of the moves on Monkey Spanking @ Cambusbarron. Not sure there's a single move quite as hard as that SLB one but it's all one desperate sequence.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
a few options

thing that felt hardest to me = WSS with a left toe hook under the undercut handhold - swap with LH (and then finish the route). Pointless, but felt so solid.

Gaia direct finish (on top rope) - not sure if this was actually hard, or just because I was thinking about the lead

The Angel's Share (on top rope, before pads) - felt fine when I first did it; then didn't

Three More Reps on the Calf at Ilkley - not my thing, but managed it with great effort (when very light after 7 months in Thailand)

ReubenRules123

Now I think about it, I don't think I've done any really hard moves. Hardest for me would probably be the first move on Soul Crusher at Anston or, if we include eliminates, the 3rd move of Ron's problem at Gollums Cave.

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
The hardest rock over in the world (apparently) Windows of Perception. Groin strain, ankle sprain, virtually dislocate big toe, and split all tips in one foul henious herniated swoop. The mono one armer of the right big toe. Farming.

Duncan campbell

• junky
WSS seems popular so for me it would probably be moving my left hand from the third side pull back down to the crimp and then up to the crimp below the break. The latter being a move I only did twice.

Another candidate for me would be the last Move on art of white hat wearing. Felt so hard to generate any movement and only just caught the top with the tips of my two middle fingers!

Glad I never have to do it again as I could get up to the top move every go but spent ages trying to do this last move.

For me doing moves even this easy is a rarity...

James Malloch

• forum hero
The few which come to mind (though I’m a bit shit) are:

First move of The Green Wing at Baildon - big move to a weird position undercut/side pull.

First move of left wall in parisellas - Don’t know why this took so much out of me each time.

a13c

• regular
As with everyone else I have a few candidates....
The last one/ two moves of rock attrocity/hatch twisting up to the intermediate then bumping to the slot (that's one move right ;-) redpoint crux and droppable even in isolation.
A few months back I went up to bingo wings... First move was nails, I only managed it twice in the session and failed to follow it up with the second move.
The final move on Be Ruthless, tried it on and off for years, couldn't catch the jump, but I found a toe hook a few weeks back and that made it ok, does that still count as a hardest move if you find a different way to do it?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Once or twice I've done Pebble Wall at Almscliffe barely using the Pebble, just mantelling off right hand to pebble with left, barely touching it then pop to the scoop. It would brutalise my right wrist and shoulders for about 3 days after, and always felt incredibly hard, needed the exact positing of everything to do it right; left foot need to be on toe, not heel or you can't go far enough.

grimer

• forum hero
One comes to mind is an eliminate just left of Trackside, using a mono and a sort of polished bump, going for a high pocket.

James Malloch

• forum hero
In fact - I’ve not done the problem, but I’d change my earlier comments to but only the move on Underhand at Almscliff where you’ve got the heel in, going from the RH crimp/slot out to the pinch and then again.

Really really really low percentage for me!!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
You've done the move though, still counts

tomtom

• forum hero
In fact - I’ve not done the problem, but I’d change my earlier comments to but only the move on Underhand at Almscliff where you’ve got the heel in, going from the RH crimp/slot out to the pinch and then again.

Double heel hook.... locks you in solid. I can go static to that hold then just to the lip..,

peewee

• obsessive maniac
  • Wilko Baggins
  • If in doubt, Lock it out (Dynamically)
Im not sure its been repeated yet? maybe i was a tad harsh giving it 7B  ;D

Your undercling problem at Blackstone is nearly my hardest move. Nearly - because I’ve not managed to do it!

James Malloch

• forum hero

Double heel hook.... locks you in solid. I can go static to that hold then just to the lip..,

I clearly need to do some hangs - I’ve only ever had it feel okay once   ;D

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones

I clearly need to do some hangs - I’ve only ever had it feel okay once   ;D

I personally use a toe in the bit that some people use the heel. Might be worth a bash. If you can get Underhand wired then doing the extension is a formality.

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker

Requires lank, otherwise you get locked in nice and solid but you can’t reach the hold  :lol:

I find this UHand move hard, it’s deffo more of a lottery for me to repeat than stuff that’s harder in paper at the cliff.

dunnyg

• forum hero
If only I can get up underhand again...

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Agreed, Tim. I always felt like Underhand was a bit harder than the Keel. That move did cross my mind when thinking about the hardest I've done.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal