UKBouldering.com

Sheffield physio and sports massage beta (Read 3311 times)

Simon W

• menacing presence
Sheffield physio and sports massage beta
October 16, 2019, 11:23:47 am
Hi,

Got an issue with my shoulder I want sorting. Done a bit of a search on here and Val Jones at City Physio and also Hallamshire Physio come recommended. Are these still the places to go when broken?

Also want to start getting a regularish sports massage to keep things at bay once I'm fixed. Any recommendations? I'm based in Woodseats so local would be preferable.

Thanks

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Wrong side of town (far end of Hillsborough) but Louise The Queen of Pain
O7872 O78335

Dolly

• forum hero
Been to both of those more than once, but Jenny at Meadowhead physio still the best IMO, obvs local as well

James Malloch

• forum hero
I used to used 919 clinic on Abbeydale Road - thought they were very good.

Simon W

• menacing presence
Great, thanks all!

Shark - I work at the Northern General so meeting The Queen of Pain could be an option. Guessing from her title she does sports massage right?

Dolly - That's great, I'd been looking at them online and wondered if they were any good. Out of interest have you had a sports massage there? Nice and local so would be handy if I could do the lot in one place.

James - Nice one, my wife had a massage with Kate there and said it was good. Did you get some physio done or was that for a sports massage?

Thanks again appreciate the replies  :2thumbsup:

James Malloch

• forum hero
I had physio for a back injury (some kind of muscle pull).

No idea if it as complex to treat but the guy (forget the name but a big Aussie dude if I remember correctly) was nice and clued on.

That was about 6 years ago though. I think they used to do physio for the British bouldering team I think, or one of their physios did at least. However a scan at their website doesn't seem to mention that now so maybe it's changed.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
one of their physios did at least.

Rick Webbber. I don't think he's there any more.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

Shark - I work at the Northern General so meeting The Queen of Pain could be an option. Guessing from her title she does sports massage right?

Similar - "Myofascial Release". Bit off-putting but main thing is it works. Quite a few climbers are regulars   

T_B

• forum hero
one of their physios did at least.

Rick Webbber. I don't think he's there any more.

Rick's full time @ NHS thesedays I think.

T_B

• forum hero

Similar - "Myofascial Release". Bit off-putting but main thing is it works. Quite a few climbers are regulars

Yeah I'm a fan, though I've only ever seen her twice. Both times she sorted me out in one session. Be prepared to cry like a baby though  :lol:

abarro81

• forum hero
I can confirm it's the by far the most pain I've ever paid someone to inflict on me. Utterly incomparable to the pain from normal sports massage! I suspect that it either works very well or not very much at all depending on what your issue is.. didn't really do anything for my back issues

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I swear it would be an effective form of torture. I had my shoulder unknotted a couple of weeks ago and and I had to go happy places in my head to escape the agony.

My practitioner is a bit too far away though.

Mr E S Capegoat

Caesars just down from uni roundabout used to be a good spot. Not sure if it’s still open but if so easy access from ‘The school room training facility TM and foundry

Simon W

• menacing presence
Thanks everyone.......well Myofascial Release sounds awful yet I think I may be intrigued enough to give it ago. Caesars sounds far more enjoyable!

Any other recommendations for Sheffield sports massage out there? Maybe something slightly less intense than the Queen of Pain and slightly less dodgy than Caesars!?!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Matt at Hallamshire Physio is good, pain levels on par with TQOP, not quite as loopy

Has quite an ability to just look at you and stick his finger straight in the sore bit.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Please can someone film this incredibly painful treatment and upload it to YouTube or, if necessitated by their graphic content policy, the dark web?

Mr E S Capegoat

Quote from: nai link=topic=30291.msg591878#

Has quite an ability to just look at you and stick his finger straight in the sore bit.
[/quote

🙄

Admittedly Caesars looks like it’s a bit more up market than the late 90’s 

Simon W

• menacing presence
#17 ue
October 18, 2019, 12:10:57 pm
Cheers Nai, looks like Meadowhead and Hallamshire will do the job then. Will save The Pain Queen followed by Caesars for a rainy day.

Thanks for help all!

battery

• obsessive maniac
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but looking for physio recommendations in the Sheffield/north Notts area for a man in his 70s with a dodgy hip. Recently undergone pancreatic cancer treatment so nervous of anyone messing with that general area without some serious credibility although the Consultant has said the hip is unrelated and he's fine to go for physio on it.

Is hallamshire physio still the place to go? He needs diagnosis as well as treatment, he's worried it's arthritis and that his Munro bagging days are over....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal