the shizzle > MoonBoard

Moonboard feet following hands

<< < (2/4) > >>

teestub:
On regular indoor problems you lose your benchmarks though which is one of the beauties of the board. There’s no reason a Moon board can’t be stripped cleaned and reset, would only be out of use for a day.

dunnyg:
Someone should tell them this.

crzylgs:

--- Quote from: sdm on October 15, 2019, 10:49:45 am ---It's not usually a problem to reach a consensus. A couple of times I've delayed a power endurance set until someone is done using it at 50°+. It might be more of a problem in Sheffield or Leeds than in a climbing backwater where the board isn't very popular.

--- End quote ---

Pfft there were at least 3 of us on it last night... ;D :clap2:

Coops_13:

--- Quote from: Will Hunt on October 15, 2019, 10:06:20 am ---I'm sure you can have a great session on the Moon Board but there are some problems there. The Kilter Board looks cool but I'm sceptical about the variable angle thing. And they've still got the horrible feet-follow-hands set up. Holds that feel about right at 30/40 degrees are going to be unusable to anyone but super wads at anything more than 50 degrees. If there's multiple people using the board at a time, how do you fairly decide what angle to set it at? Maybe leave that to the wall to control and agree a rotation - Tuesday night is 50 night etc? The holds look comfy, but are they all juggy crimps?

--- End quote ---
Yeah as teestub said, you set feet only holds. There are a lot of large holds on the board and perhaps a lack of ratty crimps. I haven't spent enough time on it to tell though as it is HUUGE, another benefit.

Doylo:
My Moon holds are probably the first version. I got them off Rich Simpson long before the Moon boards. He told me it was a box of shortbread though (Rich says hi). The Moon holds on my board are pretty nice. Got more shit ones but no need to use them. Re feet follow hands etc i don’t see why most boards have to only have one foothold system. Why not cover all bases? I’ve got four foothold systems and mines only a smallish home board. Feet follow hands, medium green screw on’s.small white screw on’s and the wooden domes. So from standing on jugs to the terrible slippy wood domes. Best of all worlds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version