UKBouldering.com

Kilter Board (Read 24398 times)

SamT

• forum hero
#50 Re: Kilter Board
June 25, 2020, 08:35:37 pm
Nice little interview that I was delighted to happen across on a very hot and sweaty drive today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/w3cszd9y

Pope B

• regular
#51 Re: Kilter Board
August 18, 2020, 10:08:03 pm
Went to City Bloc for the first time since lockdown/ rebuild, The Kilter board is great, much better than a moon board. 

The rebuild at City Bloc is great, they've got some pretty nice new holds and the setting is still excellent, probably the best bouldering wall in Leeds now. The gym/ board area is also very good.

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#52 Re: Kilter Board
August 19, 2020, 08:15:42 am
Went to City Bloc for the first time since lockdown/ rebuild, The Kilter board is great, much better than a moon board. 

The rebuild at City Bloc is great, they've got some pretty nice new holds and the setting is still excellent, probably the best bouldering wall in Leeds now. The gym/ board area is also very good.

Good to hear, well keen to try one of the Kilter boards. Anecdotally I had heard that the city bloc setting could sometimes be a bit 'comp-ey' , obviously each to their own whether one likes that or not but would be interested in what you thought.

Pope B

• regular
#53 Re: Kilter Board
August 19, 2020, 05:47:05 pm

Good to hear, well keen to try one of the Kilter boards. Anecdotally I had heard that the city bloc setting could sometimes be a bit 'comp-ey' , obviously each to their own whether one likes that or not but would be interested in what you thought.

The new comp room is definitely "comp-ey" would be a bit pointless otherwise, the rest of the centre i.e. the old rooms maybe has some problems that some might consider "comp-ey" but on the whole I didn't particularly think it was, seemed a good mix imo.

I think City Bloc is the best wall in Leeds for setting a good range of interesting problems across all grades.  At Pudsey it sometimes seems that they don't put as much effort in creating interesting climbs at lower grades compared to their harder stuff. I'm not going to bother comparing either wall to the lab...

It'd be interesting to hear what you & others think once you've had a chance to give it a go.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal