UKBouldering.com

B grades the Mellow lot seem to be using (Read 35850 times)

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
It’s easy to think that climbing that you find simple is indistinguishable in difficulty- I certainly used to but when I had to start again from scratch I was amazed that I could clearly differentiate between the challenge of a Diff, Hard Diff, VDiff etc. Quite an eye-opener.

Having said that, I think there are many reasons why wider difficulty bands (ideally ones that aren’t rock climbing grades) make sense for indoor climbing at all difficulty levels, particularly in the case of massive bunches of problems. They’re just temporary after all.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
What cheque said.

Also sure, let's do more circuits outside with a broad grade range. It would be most sensible to keep things more accurate and specific at a level where the vast majority of boulderers do their thing and where problems are usually well established and have some sort of grading consensus. Say up to V10. Above that, where a minor percentage of people boulder and where more problems are newer and unconfirmed, acknowledge this vagueness by just having a 2 or 3 circuits to cover V11-17  :smartass:

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
I've just told a bunch of americans to shut up at isatis so I feel pretty comfortable with my comments.

PS. I can't believe we've allowed this utter nonsense to span 4 pages worth of discussion.

Maybe I'm getting towards being in the category of "Should be censored from the internet"  :-\

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Thread has been top bantz, gg everyone. Will should be new UK Ambassador to Colorado.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal