UKBouldering.com

For Sale: Five Ten Anasazi VCS UK 6.0 and Anasazi Pro UK 6.5 (Read 2074 times)

BAndy

• player
Anasazi VCS; Only used a few times so still in very good condition. Made in the USA so apparently equivalent to UK 7.0 in the current Anasazi VCS which is manufactured elsewhere.

Anasazi Pro; bought in February 2018 (made in the USA so apparently equivalent to UK 7.5 in the current Anasazi Pro which is manufactured elsewhere). Used once at an indoor wall but unfortunately they don't fit my feet.

£55 each posted or £50 each if you're in Sheffield and can collect them.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Made in the USA so apparently equivalent to UK 7.0 in the current Anasazi VCS which is manufactured elsewhere.

So are these old style (before the takeover by whomever) VCS UK size 6??

BAndy

• player
Made in the USA so apparently equivalent to UK 7.0 in the current Anasazi VCS which is manufactured elsewhere.

So are these old style (before the takeover by whomever) VCS UK size 6??

They look the same as the current ones (red pull tags and plain black Velcro straps) but were made in the USA prior to production being moved elsewhere by "whomever". I recall there being some complaints about the build quality of the current ones (it must be pretty bad considering previous experience!).

BAndy

• player
I meant to say they aren't the pre-takeover ones.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Okay, forgive me for being confused. Are the UK size 6, equivalent to the old VCS UK size 6?? If so I would be interested.

BAndy

• player
Are the UK size 6, equivalent to the old VCS UK size 6??

They seem very similar to me. I've always had 6.5 Anasazis but I bought them as a back-up as they were on sale and there were no 6.5s other than the even newer ones that seem to be worse quality (and a different last shape too!). I've managed to get hold of some old 6.5s now.

largeruk

• player
#6 Re: For Sale: Five Ten Anasazi VCS UK 6.0
October 02, 2019, 06:27:25 pm
Anasazi VCSMade in the USA so apparently equivalent to UK 7.0 in the current Anasazi VCS which is manufactured elsewhere.
Forgive me, I'm a bit confused. In the thread header it says
Five Ten Anasazi VCS UK 6.0
but in your first post you say
equivalent to UK 7.0
. Sorry for being a bit slow but what UK size are they?!

I'm UK size 6 normally so would really like to know... :)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Oi, hands off, I was thoroughly confused before you were, the VCS size 6 (old) / 7 (new) / 6 or 7 (existing in a quantum state depending on whether they were after company change but before manufacturer change) are mine. Maybe. Depending on what size they are...

BAndy

• player
equivalent to UK 7.0 in the current Anasazi VCS

They say UK 6.0 on the label.

Apparently the latest iteration of Five Ten shoes (not made in the USA) are smaller ie if you bought a 6 in the current ones, it would be equivalent to a 5 in the ones that were made in the USA prior to production being moved.

Hence the size 6 shoes I have for sale are equivalent to a 7 in the newer ones.

Simples!

largeruk

• player
Thanks for the err...clarification. Clearly discretion is needed so will diplomatically withdraw to the sidelines while Fiend decides whether he can decipher and decide whether they are for him.

*Gets comfy chair and a bucket of popcorn*  :popcorn:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal