UKBouldering.com

Ablon / Balme De Yenne / Annecy beta (Read 2351 times)

Wood FT

• forum hero
Ablon / Balme De Yenne / Annecy beta
July 18, 2019, 09:44:59 am
We're looking to stop by this area in a few weeks. I went to Annecy around 10 years ago but only went to a very polished crag by the lake.

Any recommended routes for Ablon and Balme De Yenne (6c-8a) or general advice? (van spots etc).

Have seen this thread - https://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,28267.msg555848.html#msg555848

Thanks very much.

bigironhorse

• junky
    • YouTube
I went to Yenne about 8 years ago on a family holiday, it remains one of the most impressive crags I have ever seen! Absolutely massive. Unfortunately when I was there I wasn't climbing hard enough for any of the steep routes and it was raining the entire time so all the less steep stuff was wet. Remember a good looking tufa 7a called Les Collonettes I think.

Here it is:

Ged

• junky
Ablon is beautiful.  Longish approach walk, which seems to be uphill in both directions.  But worth it.  You can van camp right next to the tourist info place at the top of the col, and there's a toilet in there too.  The climbing is vertical, old school, and hard!

Balme de Yenne is very impressive, and has really good climbing, but was a bit too roady for our liking.  Excellent 6's on the left for warming up, and loads of really good 7's.  We only stayed for a couple of days.

ctodd

Was climbing at Ablon couple of weeks ago. Really good.

Would recommend sectors 'La Ligne Du Temps' and 'Résistance et Liberté' - didn't climb a bad route at either of those.

It was very hot when we were there even up the hill, so we climbed in the shade - after about 2pm-ish.

We stayed in the van in the parking for the crag, no facilities but nice and quiet.

Down the hill in menthon st bernard there is a great spot to swim, jump into the lake etc - park next the golf club and walk through the wood - Dropped pin
Near Talloires, France
https://maps.app.goo.gl/LjxnXpq75tZ8ohsW6

Wood FT

• forum hero
Just noticed I forgot to say thanks, on route now.

Ged

• junky
Guy, have you been to Rue des Masques/Mont Dauphin? They are great hot weather crags and Guillestre is a nice little town.  Good van spot at Rue des Masques parking.  Also Entre Aygues (in the Briancon book) is lush, loads of hard stuff to get stuck into.

Wood FT

• forum hero
Guy, have you been to Rue des Masques/Mont Dauphin? They are great hot weather crags and Guillestre is a nice little town.  Good van spot at Rue des Masques parking.  Also Entre Aygues (in the Briancon book) is lush, loads of hard stuff to get stuck into.

Yep went last year, nice mini Margalef, got savaged on a 7b+ to the left of the main sector.

Keen for La Saume sometime but not with Flo. Switzerland next week on so so forecast, may well end up around Briançon.

Ged

• junky
La Fessourier was also good there, good 6's too

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal