UKBouldering.com

Post your most outrageous tactics / tricks for THE SEND. (Read 13197 times)

Ged

• junky
I once took my jetboil stove up to the big shake out pocket on shadow walker In Cheddar gorge to try and dry it out. Turns out lots of accumulated chalk produces a reasonably big fire ball when heated with a stove, which is quite alarming when it goes near your rope.

Isn't there some tale of Don whillans strapping motorbike inner tubes to his thighs to try and shimmy up archangel?

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
Worth remembering.. @ 20:05

"People step off ladders and all sorts these days.." ;D

I should confess, there were a couple of projects I'd started, and the G offered to step in as a body double, to finish them off..

Some really fine tales here, I'll try to think of somthing.. meanwhile re:

I got up early once. It was to do Polka des Ringards before the sun hit the sloper.

Warmed up, clips in and redpointed by 8.30 am. Don’t think it’ll catch on.

Surely JR, that was just an excuse to hit the boulangerie early! Good inspiration to think of classics to tick though!

As for excuses for falling off, it was either Fatboyslimfast or Bubba who'd recall some dude falling off La Rose, crying "Chapped lips!", which I think is rather funny.

bigironhorse

• junky
    • YouTube
This is a bit of a failed tactic. Me and Steve R attempted the Staffs nose about 8 years ago, we drove over from Hull and decided to camp in the peak so we could get an early start. I ended up forgetting to pack a tent so we ended up biviing at Raven Tor. Don't know about Steve but I had about 10 mins sleep. Ended up doing 95% of the challenge after realising that 4 routes were bird banned midway through. Bit of a fiasco but I still don't know how we managed all those routes after such a crap nights sleep. We went for the full tick a few years later and failed miserably, I think I actually weeped a bit when I fell off Crack of Gloom.  :lol:

Wood FT

• forum hero
I'd forgotten about that. It's only 8:20 am and that's made my day.  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal