UKBouldering.com

Solo bouldering in November - where? (Read 1478 times)

spalmer

Solo bouldering in November - where?
July 08, 2019, 01:59:55 pm
Hoping the collective knowledge of UKB can give me some pointers. I want to go on a bouldering trip in November for 3 weeks, but I can’t find anyone to go with me for that length of time.

So where would I find a good dirtbag scene where I can go solo and meet people to climb with?

Did Hampi last year and found it easy to meet people. Anywhere is the states that would suit?

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
I think Bishop or Hueco would be decent choices that time of year. Generally a decent amount of people hanging around in Bishop as it gets cooler and I’m sure you wouldn’t struggle to find people to climb with especially if you stayed in The Pit camping or the climber’s hostel.

I’ve not been myself but understand that Hueco is organised with tours so some admin but it means you’ll always end up climbing in a group.

andy popp

• forum hero
How about south east US? There's not enough in anyone spot but you could put together a good trip between the areas around Chattanooga and Horse Pens 40. It would require a car but I guess Bishop and Hueco would too. Would definitely be less dirtbaggy (though there would probably be some people staying at HP40) but there would probably be locals about. You might be rewarded with fantastic Fall conditions and colours, as well as some of the best rock in the world.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal