UKBouldering.com

[Dartmoor][Bonehill Rocks][10 problems 5+ to 7B] (Read 2329 times)

EdGowSmith

• menacing presence
I've climbed a number of new / unrecorded problems at Bonehill over the past month or so.
Some may only appeal to Bonehill enthusiasts with a completionist mindset, but some are pretty good.

Undercut Start to P5, 7A
Not sure where the original problem goes - I didn't use any small holds for this but rather rocked over into an undercut and stood up. Not particularly hard from the low undercut so don't know why this is a listed project on Javu. There's maybe an alright rising traverse line going from this start rightwards.

Prow thing up and left of the Slopey Traverse on a platform, 6B+
No blocks to the right of the right arete. Sit start, hardest move being the first. There's no landing on the top-out (leftwards mantle), so don't fall off.

Arete of P35 taken on the left from a sit, 6A+

P47 from one move in, 6C
This is actually quite good. The first move of the "project" is unfathomable to me and it climbs well from one move in so worth documenting. Start left hand low, right hand on the arete of the scoop. I did it wih an enjoyable jump to a finger-jug.

Boulder just above P49b from a sit on obvious jug, 6B
The fall is down the gully so best to get a spot.

Right-to-left rising lip traverse of boulder down from The Bridge, 6B+ 
Sit start at the corner facing the road, do a couple of bunched campus moves then get feet on and go leftwards, utilising the obvious edge down from the lip for left hand.

One move mantel problem on the right of the Egg boulder, 5+
From a sit. Probably been done before.

Steep arete on the Innocuous Traverse boulder, 7B
The arete to the right of the crack, using holds on / near the arete (i.e. not using the crack). Sit start (no pad) with right hand on sharp crystal, left hand on one of a variety of poor holds just behind the arete. Crack is only used for topping out. Felt harder than the given grade for me but my crimping is not 100%.

Back of the boulder of CC guide P67, 6B
Not the best problem... Start very low, reach the lip and mantel. The crux is not dabbing on the boulder behind you.

Direct from start of Tom's Traverse into mantel, 6B+
The mantel has been done as the finish of the Feldspar Fracas traverse, but not from a sit? Quite a heinous problem.

I would normally post new things in the Dartmoor Bouldering FB group, but I'm not on FB anymore. Perhaps someone can post this link there as I suspect a lot of Dartmoor aficionados won't see it on here.

Duma

• forum hero
Impressive to find that much new stuff at bonehill! It's been shared to the fb group

turnipturned

• forum abuser
 Nice one Ed.

For note and If anyone’s interested, last year I did Super Dancing Trooper Sit start.

Shares the same start as super dooper trooper. Mainly did this because I kept falling off the up move on Super trooper.

BuzyG

Love Bone hill.  Never use FB. So thanks for posting it here.  If you ever spot a really tall, old git mostly falling off easy problems.  That will likely be me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal