UKBouldering.com

Wales visitor - pad lend request (Read 2752 times)

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Wales visitor - pad lend request
May 20, 2019, 03:20:40 pm
I'm off to Anglesey with the family next week - sadly as the car will be full of our stuff there isn't going to be room for my pad.

Wondering if anyone relatively local would have a spare pad they don't need for the week?

I really don't mind if it's a knackered old one, I won't be pushing myself too hard. I'm staying near Penearth and it looks like there's a load of friendly / flat-ish landing / not too highball / not too hard stuff round there.

I could pick up Saturday 25th any time from about lunchtime, and drop it back at some point on Fri 31st.

Hit me up in the DMs if you could help a UKBer out - wad points / beers / Beastmaker benchmark ratings will be forthcoming!

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#1 Re: Wales visitor - pad lend request
May 21, 2019, 11:10:34 am
Will heckle Crouchy for you - the Imelda Marcos of climbing shoes, pads and approach shoes...

tommytwotone

• forum hero
#2 Re: Wales visitor - pad lend request
May 21, 2019, 12:17:52 pm
Ah - thanks, but Pete has kindly offered me one to borrow so I'll take his. Now, all I've got to do is get the kids / weather / timing to synch up and I might get a chance to get out!

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#3 Re: Wales visitor - pad lend request
May 21, 2019, 02:06:54 pm
Good luck!

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#4 Re: Wales visitor - pad lend request
May 21, 2019, 02:46:29 pm
Will heckle Crouchy for you - the Imelda Marcos of climbing shoes, pads and approach shoes...

Better than that, can't we pimp Crouchy's services out instead? He'll be able to show you every square inch of climbable rock in Wales.

andy_e

• forum hero
#5 Re: Wales visitor - pad lend request
May 22, 2019, 07:26:11 am
You're doing him a disservice lids! He also knows every pub, cake shop, pie vendor and curry house too.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
#6 Re: Wales visitor - pad lend request
May 22, 2019, 09:26:21 am
Heck, if he can point me at some accessible / roadside soft touch 7as, and doesn't mind looking after a 2yr old and a 5yr old for a couple of hours then I'm sure we can come to a deal.

On a more practical note - any eating and drinking recommendations for Angelsey welcome (bearing in mind kids situation above of course). Ice cream, fish and chips...you know the drill. We're staying near Pentraeth.

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#7 Re: Wales visitor - pad lend request
May 22, 2019, 01:38:19 pm
Dylans at Menai Bridge do good pizzas and seem set up for kids.

https://www.dylansrestaurant.co.uk/locations/menai-bridge

Hoseyb

• forum abuser
  • Master of Obscurites
    • www.hoseyb.org.uk
#8 Re: Wales visitor - pad lend request
May 24, 2019, 09:37:37 am
Dylans is also well posh.

There's good fish and chips,  pancakes etc in Beaumaris,  along with a reasonable playground to let them loose. On the mainland, plenty of eateries around Caernarfon and Llanberis.  Dinorwic lodge on the way to a slate quarries walk perhaps.
There's a cafe in the art gallery in Llangefni,  although not been there yet, but the gallery is free, and the dingle walk nearby is pushchair friendly (Google dingle Llangefni)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal