UKBouldering.com

Fury road, high tor (Read 2131 times)

J pratt

Fury road, high tor
May 17, 2019, 07:05:02 pm
Hi all.
I am looking for a bit of knowledge on high tor and in particular fury road. I've never climbed at high tor before (I'm from norwich) but I recently re watched that great vid from Jon Clark and with a bit of residual fitness from kalymnos kicking about, I've got all phyced up for it! . Does anyone reckon it will be dry enough? Also how accurately 40m is it likely to be? My ex 80m rope is probs about 73 now.
Thanks
Jim

dpb

• addict
#1 Re: Fury road, high tor
May 17, 2019, 09:41:25 pm
I've had one trip up fury road. It's a great route and one I'm keen to get back on.

I'd be surprised if it's not dry.  I'm pretty certain that we only had a 70m rope when we tried it and had no problems. Just tie a knot in the end and keep an eye on it. If needs be you'd be able to re thread the high torquing lower off.

J pratt

#2 Re: Fury road, high tor
May 18, 2019, 11:44:44 am
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.
That sounds great then! 
I'll get myself ready for a spanking!
I will hopefully get up next weekend, feel free to come along if you're keen.

CrimpyMcCrimpface

• player
#3 Re: Fury road, high tor
May 18, 2019, 08:02:38 pm
Alright Jim, good to see you're still ripping. I'm back in Norwich next weekend otherwise I'd be up there to join you. PM me on here if you want a belay on Fury Road any other weekend, I'm well keen for it. Parking for High Tor is easy, roadside and you can see the crag. Cross the ironbridge that leads to the cable car then follow the track up behind it. Take a left off the path where there is BMC safety sign and you can't miss the crag
Adam

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#4 Re: Fury road, high tor
May 18, 2019, 10:00:34 pm
Much easier to park (considerately!) at Starkholmes and walk in either by walking in down to the left and around and under the Right Wing and all the way along or even easier abseil in down the main face from the Castellan ab station or better still rig an abseil rope directly down the Left Wing (without causing a trip hazard)   

J pratt

#5 Re: Fury road, high tor
May 18, 2019, 10:22:00 pm
Hi Adam nice one for that mate. I'll definitely drop you a line. I'm hoping to get up there a bit this season.

And thanks Simon for the tips as well.

Jim

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal