UKBouldering.com

Microaggressions in the climbing community (Read 10771 times)

petejh

• forum hero
Sticking with Pete’s microaggressions what does a quality philosophical musing look like?

Potter Stewart. 'I know it when I see it'.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
Sticking with Pete’s microaggressions what does a quality philosophical musing look like?

pr0nhub.

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth
Who knows Dave, I have my theories though. The most likely being ukb has been taken over by the climbing equivalent of the ‘Trump Regime’ and it’s denizens have been replaced by a small number of self serious bots. Maybe Stu and Barrows are behind it, they’ve got phds or sumthiN.

A lot of climbers have PhDs... sometimes when you have to think hard for long periods the cerebral scrub that climbing can provide is very helpful, so much so that it can become addictive; so please don't be microaggresive about us. Academics are also often really good at unintentional blanking.... some I know may as well be comatose they are so unresponsive to anything outside their thought bubble.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
Who knows Dave, I have my theories though. The most likely being ukb has been taken over by the climbing equivalent of the ‘Trump Regime’ and it’s denizens have been replaced by a small number of self serious bots. Maybe Stu and Barrows are behind it, they’ve got phds or sumthiN.

A lot of climbers have PhDs... sometimes when you have to think hard for long periods the cerebral scrub that climbing can provide is very helpful, so much so that it can become addictive; so please don't be microaggresive about us. Academics are also often really good at unintentional blanking.... some I know may as well be comatose they are so unresponsive to anything outside their thought bubble.

PS.
I’m an Engineer, so I believe this applies to Physicists too... 

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
Matt, I'm confused. That's Stu Littlefair on the left though, isn't it?

;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal