UKBouldering.com

Moon Pluto inside a Moon Saturn? (Read 2662 times)

xelaxela

• regular
  • Alex
Moon Pluto inside a Moon Saturn?
April 18, 2019, 11:58:55 am
Hi,

I'm looking to get a Moon Saturn soon and ideally would like to accompany this with some sore of satellite pad. I was going to get a thin satellite pads to accompany it, but then saw the price of the Moon Pluto. Does anyone have both and know if the Pluto fits inside the Saturn?

Thanks Alex

joel182

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: Moon Pluto inside a Moon Saturn?
April 18, 2019, 12:59:00 pm
Not answering the question you asked at all, but my pad carrying situation has been greatly improved by getting a pair of tie-down straps like these for a couple of quid. I use them to carry a DMM highball on the back of an Organic Full Pad, so think they would work quite well strapping a Pluto to a Saturn

Bradders

• forum hero
#2 Re: Moon Pluto inside a Moon Saturn?
April 18, 2019, 01:22:54 pm
Yeah as above my normal approach is to shove all my gear inside my Saturn and then use a ratchet strap (£5 from B&Q) to attach another pad. Most I've done like this is an Organic Big Pad and Moon Warrior attached to the Saturn, and as long as you're not walking too far and don't topple over backwards it's fine. A Moon Pluto should be easy.

yetix

• forum abuser
#3 Re: Moon Pluto inside a Moon Saturn?
April 18, 2019, 01:32:24 pm
I'm able to fit an organic full pad (the middle sized one? And I believe slightly bigger than a pluto pad) Inside my Saturn pad along with a sit start pad and my backpack at the top. Is a bit of a squeeze and involves folding the strap where rather than using velcro. Might be more difficult when the pad is very new though!

If I need more like bradders I use a rachet, although I have recently considered using bungies instead as they seem less fiddly (and I broke one of my ratchets recently which was a pain)

monkey boy

• forum hero
#4 Re: Moon Pluto inside a Moon Saturn?
April 18, 2019, 03:29:41 pm
A pluto will definitely fit inside a saturn because a warrior does.

xelaxela

• regular
  • Alex
#5 Re: Moon Pluto inside a Moon Saturn?
April 21, 2019, 06:02:47 pm
Thanks for all the replies

A pluto will definitely fit inside a saturn because a warrior does.

That's good to know, I've recently started bouldering a lot more on my own so want as much coverage as I can get.

I might get a warrior as my second pad then. Any chance you have a picture of the Warrior inside the Saturn?

monkey boy

• forum hero
#6 Re: Moon Pluto inside a Moon Saturn?
April 21, 2019, 06:57:57 pm
No but I can take one and upload it, although I don't know how to upload images on here :wall:

Murph

• forum abuser
#7 Re: Moon Pluto inside a Moon Saturn?
April 21, 2019, 07:06:34 pm
You can’t upload images here. You have to upload them somewhere else and then post a link - ideally with “img” and “/img” around it but with square brackets instead of “s. It’s a right faff.

xelaxela

• regular
  • Alex
#8 Re: Moon Pluto inside a Moon Saturn?
April 21, 2019, 10:15:09 pm
No but I can take one and upload it, although I don't know how to upload images on here :wall:

Thanks for the offer, If I message you with my email can you please send me the picture and I will post it here

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal