UKBouldering.com

Really good cafés in Sheffield and anywhere else near good climbing (Read 12310 times)

joel182

• obsessive maniac
I've compiled this thread into a list on google maps

galpinos

• forum hero
Coffee at the Local Pantry is pretty good, but if one makes a slight (well, dependant on the direction of arrival) detour to Bloomfield Square in Otley, that’s where the good shit is http://www.bloomfieldsquare.co.uk/

But doesn’t open till 10am so should you want a pre climb coffee you’ll have to head somewhere else, as we found out this morning.

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
Coffee at the Local Pantry is pretty good, but if one makes a slight (well, dependant on the direction of arrival) detour to Bloomfield Square in Otley, that’s where the good shit is http://www.bloomfieldsquare.co.uk/

But doesn’t open till 10am so should you want a pre climb coffee you’ll have to head somewhere else, as we found out this morning.

People get out before 10 to go bouldering?  ;D. Aploliges, late opening seems to be a regular feature of decent coffee shops

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
I've compiled this thread into a list on google maps

Good work !

I quite like Coleman's deli in the square in Hathersage. The coffee is merely okay but it's a lovely place to sit in the sun. They don't do any GF food really do I can't vouch for it but apparently it's pretty good.

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
Sheffield wise if you're looking for good coffee then Upshot, in my opinion is the best, and now they have opened one right by the School and Foundry. Also Foundry (roasters not climbing wall) coffee shop on bank street.

200 deg coffee on division st has exceptionally good coffee. 

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
Sheffield wise if you're looking for good coffee then Upshot, in my opinion is the best, and now they have opened one right by the School and Foundry. Also Foundry (roasters not climbing wall) coffee shop on bank street.

200 deg coffee on division st has exceptionally good coffee.

Thanks for the recommendation Toby. And Monkey Boy.

Things have moved on from filter coffee and non-dairy creamer at Mr Kite's in the 80s!

(now The Green Room)

shurt

• forum abuser
  • nincompoop

Flat White gate: similar to the caffè latte although smaller in volume and less microfoam, therefore having a higher proportion of coffee to milk.. probably what I have every day.

Still seems to be a variation on a Latte. New name, same problem. What do the Italians think?

I lament the demise of Stoney Caf, though the chippy is very good  :2thumbsup:

https://m.facebook.com/Toll-Bar-Fish-Chips-1532126643681447/

Hey Dave, from what I understand yes the milk is different but coffee also. An authentic flat white from NZ/Oz often using a triple risttetto, tighter packed and more intense. Maybe this is what you make?

Coffee in NZ is hands down the best I've tried. Consistently good everywhere, they are all obsessed.

Agree, Stoney chippy one of the best ever.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal