UKBouldering.com

Statement of Youth (Read 12568 times)

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#50 Re: Statement of Youth
May 22, 2019, 04:54:39 pm

You obviously have a very stereotypical view of business men as I would suggest very few in the film vote as you suggest. One definitely does but suggest a vast majority don’t.   
Along similar lines it’s interesting how many ex enterprise allowance scheme members went on to be successful business men.

I have absolutely no idea how anyone in the film votes; as I say, it was merely an idle thought based on the general trend of people being youthful radicals and becoming more conservative as time goes on.

Re the EAS, that point was made on the ukc thread; makes sense to me as it effectively de-risked starting ones own business as far as I can tell. Sure plenty made much of it even if a few used it as climbing sponsorship!

grimer

• forum hero
#51 Re: Statement of Youth
May 23, 2019, 09:11:41 am
I really enjoyed the film, especially the second half. Maybe I knoew the HHR stuff from Revelations, but it was just great to watch Ben and Jerry climbing in their prime, and the cutting together of Liquid Amber and Hubble was really good.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#52 Re: Statement of Youth
May 23, 2019, 11:19:58 am
...any more than exploring why there weren't any lesbian asians in Cool Runnings.

Completely aside from this discussion, I would love to see a Hollywood version of Statement of Youth in the style of Cool Runnings.

Tell you what, it'll require some screenwriting genius to segway the story into climbing Hubble in a bobsleigh.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#53 Re: Statement of Youth
May 23, 2019, 03:51:12 pm
Segue in a Segway, doubly impressive.

(not sure the eggcorn was intentional or not)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#54 Re: Statement of Youth
June 04, 2019, 11:37:48 am
And not only that, although the protagonists sexuality wasn't explicitly explored, there were strongly heterosexual tones.

Hmmmmmm I didn't that tone quite as strongly given some of those old photos  :)

It was good fun, I like how things progressed and particular the ben and jerry stuff in parallel.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal