UKBouldering.com

Pre trip strategies (Read 8055 times)

user deactivated

#25 Re: Pre trip strategies
March 21, 2019, 10:02:11 pm
Honestly buzy, you seem like a sound guy. I wouldn’t waste your breath. They’ll always be someone ‘righter’ than you on here desperate to point it out. Sometimes it’s even dressed up as humour.

webbo

• forum hero
#26 Re: Pre trip strategies
March 21, 2019, 10:07:10 pm
Pot and Kettle.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#27 Re: Pre trip strategies
March 22, 2019, 08:23:41 am
Actually seems like a reasonable discussion to me. No-one having strops when someone suggest a thinking out of line with theirs.

Danny

• junky
#28 Re: Pre trip strategies
March 22, 2019, 10:12:57 pm
Honestly buzy, you seem like a sound guy. I wouldn’t waste your breath. They’ll always be someone ‘righter’ than you on here desperate to point it out. Sometimes it’s even dressed up as humour.

Cheer up Dan. All seems pretty vanilla to me. Happy Friday :)

user deactivated

#29 Re: Pre trip strategies
March 23, 2019, 11:54:28 am
Thanks for the pep talk man, just the boost I needed 😂. You’ve gotta obey internet rule number 1. Adopt an anti persona and stick by it. Cheerful optimistic chappies on here are no doubt the most miserable cnuts in real life, often seen in droves gathered on Malham catwalk heads down into the prevailing wind and rain or moaning about grease and sunshine

Danny

• junky
#30 Re: Pre trip strategies
March 24, 2019, 08:15:10 pm
 :lol:

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#31 Re: Pre trip strategies
March 24, 2019, 08:28:55 pm
This weekend I have watched Jerry's campus sessions on youtube  a few times (there are 5) and been thinking about the points he makes. Good for inspiration, and to focus on quality. I've trained better- shorter and more carefully.

It's a long time since I was young went on a trip,  but I'd be doing shorter, hard sessions with tons of rest in the final lead up, irrespective of whether routes/stamina/bouldering etc.

user deactivated

#32 Re: Pre trip strategies
March 24, 2019, 09:41:03 pm
Agh man, it’s unbearable shite. My ability to tolerate that guy is inversely proportionate to age. Beggining with hero worship in my teens to cringey tedious narcissism in my 40’s. I’d rather continue to climb like a sack of potatoes that follow that advice

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#33 Re: Pre trip strategies
March 24, 2019, 09:54:35 pm
It's unsophisticated, I grant you, but I can't say I've ever hero-worshipped Jerry, nor thought his advice poor.

monkoffunk

• forum abuser
  • sponsored by 90% lindt and vitamin D
#34 Re: Pre trip strategies
March 24, 2019, 11:01:47 pm
The sexism is awful by today’s standards (and perhaps by the standards of the day? Someone older can confirm or deny that) but some of the advice is certainly sound! Particularly the stuff about finishing strong, think that’s helped me a lot in the run up to trips or redpoints as well as training in general.

andy popp

• forum hero
#35 Re: Pre trip strategies
March 24, 2019, 11:43:47 pm
The sexism is awful by today’s standards (and perhaps by the standards of the day? Someone older can confirm or deny that) but some of the advice is certainly sound! Particularly the stuff about finishing strong, think that’s helped me a lot in the run up to trips or redpoints as well as training in general.

As an old person I would say it was awful by the standards of the day (not that I ever saw or heard of this video when it was made).

monkoffunk

• forum abuser
  • sponsored by 90% lindt and vitamin D
#36 Re: Pre trip strategies
March 25, 2019, 01:50:49 pm
It’s surprising that they were remastered and rereleased.

user deactivated

#37 Re: Pre trip strategies
March 25, 2019, 06:35:11 pm
I’m not really arsed about the ‘sexism’ only the fact it’s like Benny Hill without the humour and in that way adds to the egocentricity. Re the advice, I’m sure it’s solid like you guys say but drowned out by all the blah blah I’m the best etc etc

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#38 Re: Pre trip strategies
March 26, 2019, 09:57:59 am
It's not great but it was of the early Loaded / Maxim / Laddy lads era, where this kind of thing was acceptable, along with DFBWGC, Stone Nudes, etc etc.

Paul B

• forum hero
#39 Re: Pre trip strategies
March 26, 2019, 02:32:57 pm
Perhaps not relevant to all but I'd suggest considering outside factors carefully pre trip and ensuring, as far as possible you go away relaxed (or have a strategy for warming into your trip).

I'm currently on a trip and despite being in reasonably good physical shape my head is completely fried. This wasn't evident at home but throw a little bit of spice into a days' itinerary and I'm falling apart. With glorious 50:50 hindsight I concede I may not have made the smartest choices with how much I packed into the preceding weeks (packing the night before is evidence of this).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal