UKBouldering.com

How do you carry your pads in VW transporter (Read 1930 times)

Wooj

Hey Folks. I know it might sound stupid but I’m wondering how folk transport their bouldering mats in a VW transporter. Our van is a long whee base and it’s converted to a camper van. Now with a family of 4 there’s not much room left after all the other general holiday stuff. Mrs won’t allow them just to be chucked on the floor as this compromises the living space if we stop for tea or on kip over night. I’m thinking of attaching them to our tow ball bike rack somehow. Anyone done anything similar?
TIA, Joe

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
My old Franklin Dropzone fitted behind the folding seats at the bag, just need to be careful it doesn't put pressure on kid's seatbelts and stop the inertia reel working.

Surely with a LWB you have loads of room on the floor? Maybe wrap it in a tarp and padlock it to the towhook? I've got a long cable i use to lock bikes to  the towhook when they are on the carrier at the back.

Wooj

Cheers. I’ll try and see what I can do regards inside the van.

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
I think a lot of people carry them in them in the 'living' space and then just stash them under the van when they've stopped to brew up or sleep. As Chris said a tarp is handy then to keep them clean and dry.

GazM

• forum abuser
    • Highland ramblings
I think UKB has peaked with this thread.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal