UKBouldering.com

Kung Fu (Read 2378 times)

user deactivated

Kung Fu
March 03, 2019, 09:59:15 pm
On a tangent from the ‘trying to hard’ reply to the ancap etc thread. I have been thinking about this idea of trying to hard to make ‘it’ happen and the impact of this from a physical and mental perspective. Climbing is just so goal orientated these days, with people queuing under their desired tick on a weekly basis. It has become so entrenched I feel like a distraction might help. Kung fu was a great show back in the day has many great moments. This is one about trying to hard.....

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#1 Re: Kung Fu
March 03, 2019, 10:34:55 pm
I loved that, as a kid.

But watching it now...

Jesus, but that’s appalling “black face” casting.

The real question, of course, is: if I can see that, how is it that they could not.🤪

user deactivated

#2 Re: Kung Fu
March 04, 2019, 06:36:19 am
C’mon Matt get the back story straight. I believe Caine was mixed race, wandering America looking for his long lost half brother while imparting eastern philosophies in the west. Generally ignored by dumb Americans. Ahead of its time clearly....

sheavi

• menacing presence
#3 Re: Kung Fu
March 04, 2019, 06:45:27 am
Trying too hard can create tension in the mind, this can then be mirrored in our physiology  Our ability to then use our other senses or body optimally is hindered.  It's a familiar concept in meditation and martial arts.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#4 Re: Kung Fu
March 04, 2019, 09:12:23 am

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
#5 Re: Kung Fu
March 04, 2019, 09:27:43 am

“Don’t concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory”

36chambers

• forum hero
#6 Re: Kung Fu
March 04, 2019, 11:34:29 am
“Don’t concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory”

Great quote

user deactivated

#7 Re: Kung Fu
March 04, 2019, 05:28:54 pm
Great stuff lads, that Bruce quote is a particular favourite along with ‘be like water’

Years ago I used to climb with this lad who always referred to the ‘chi suckers’. People he climbed with that through the presence of their own personal defence mechanisms. Criticism, negativity, bad vibes, envy, demeanour, and negative projections literally used to suck the life out of him. I like the idea of developing inner strength. I wondered if that’s what Eric has when you met his steely glare over a bacon buttie and cup of tea.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal