UKBouldering.com

Hatchlink 8B+ Parisellas (Read 5030 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Hatchlink 8B+ Parisellas
February 27, 2019, 02:44:39 pm
Jack Pal reports the below on Instagram - hopefully a vid to follow

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuW7kulhwdf/

The Hatchlink 8B+. The good old cave. Having fallen off the same move of one project a few times in the last week or so I decided to change direction today and try to finally put this one to bed. The climb links Hatchatrocity into Halfway house and ultimately Trigger Cut and is the first breach right through the centre of the cave from a sit.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1 Re: Hatchlink 8B+ Parisellas
February 27, 2019, 04:15:21 pm
A linkup, in Parisella's? Sounds novel.

Kingy

• forum hero
#2 Re: Hatchlink 8B+ Parisellas
February 27, 2019, 04:29:55 pm
Monstrous!!  :weakbench: :great:

Doylo

• forum hero
#3 Re: Hatchlink 8B+ Parisellas
February 27, 2019, 04:33:41 pm
A linkup, in Parisella's? Sounds novel.

::)

Starts sitting at the back and pretty much climbs straight through to high finish at the front. Pretty good bit of climbing really.

yetix

• forum abuser
#4 Re: Hatchlink 8B+ Parisellas
February 27, 2019, 07:33:55 pm
One of the hardest lines in the cave, straight through the middle. Well done Jack!

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#5 Re: Hatchlink 8B+ Parisellas
February 28, 2019, 10:20:23 am
 :bow: :weakbench: :clap2:

Beast!!!

AMorris

• obsessive maniac
  • Trying to find form
#6 Re: Hatchlink 8B+ Parisellas
February 28, 2019, 10:39:02 am
:o showing my ignorance of the place, but I thought the obvious links would have been climbed already! Must be 'ard as nails

Doylo

• forum hero
#7 Re: Hatchlink 8B+ Parisellas
February 28, 2019, 11:34:47 am
:o showing my ignorance of the place, but I thought the obvious links would have been climbed already! Must be 'ard as nails

Hell no. The best back to front links are all at least 8B+ and haven’t been done and are the best things in there. Finishing up Bonnie, Clyde or Trigger from the sitters at the back are all awesome. Hatch/Bonnie is prob the best line of them undone. Very straight line through from the back. No real rest and a high finish. Mike Harts,  Loucifer Into Megos’-Louis Cut would be 8C and the hardest (not quite as good a line tho).

AMorris

• obsessive maniac
  • Trying to find form
#8 Re: Hatchlink 8B+ Parisellas
February 28, 2019, 12:23:34 pm

Hell no. The best back to front links are all at least 8B+ and haven’t been done and are the best things in there. Finishing up Bonnie, Clyde or Trigger from the sitters at the back are all awesome. Hatch/Bonnie is prob the best line of them undone. Very straight line through from the back. No real rest and a high finish. Mike Harts,  Loucifer Into Megos’-Louis Cut would be 8C and the hardest (not quite as good a line tho).

Bloody heck, some pretty futuristic enduro lines still to go down then. Jack seems to be assembling quite the CV there so fingers crossed he gets some more of them established this year  :strongbench:

Doylo

• forum hero
#9 Re: Hatchlink 8B+ Parisellas
February 28, 2019, 05:29:30 pm
Aye. Nothing very novel though. Just a load of shite link ups ain’t it.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#10 Re: Hatchlink 8B+ Parisellas
February 28, 2019, 06:21:21 pm
Vid up now

Wood FT

• forum hero
#11 Re: Hatchlink 8B+ Parisellas
February 28, 2019, 06:39:44 pm
That's pretty much straight out of the back of the cave, awesome. Good tantrum at the start too.

standard

• obsessive maniac
#12 Re: Hatchlink 8B+ Parisellas
February 28, 2019, 10:30:07 pm
and possibly the most half hearted celebration of all time

User deactivated

• stalker
#13 Re: Hatchlink 8B+ Parisellas
March 01, 2019, 04:29:15 pm
Cheers Shark and everyone else. Really happy with this one. 

Both the raging and the celebration have been edited. Partly because pretty unsavoury words were used in both, my lad watches them and he already knows too many words which he probably shouldn't, but also because I went over the top in both. I edited out me launching my brush stick baseball swing style into left wall as I didn't feel that was good behaviour and regretted it afterwards. In my defence I've been spending too much time with Vickers and some fucking tourist asked me what I was up to a few moves before the end on my first go on the day, I then dropped it a few moves later, literally touching the last hold.

Still no excuses, respect the rock even if it's polished and drilled choss.

Anyway, I've got a faulty brush stick to return and more 'novel' link ups to do.

tomtom

• forum hero
#14 Re: Hatchlink 8B+ Parisellas
March 01, 2019, 04:57:48 pm
Cheers Shark and everyone else. Really happy with this one. 

Both the raging and the celebration have been edited. Partly because pretty unsavoury words were used in both, my lad watches them and he already knows too many words which he probably shouldn't, but also because I went over the top in both. I edited out me launching my brush stick baseball swing style into left wall as I didn't feel that was good behaviour and regretted it afterwards. In my defence I've been spending too much time with Vickers and some fucking tourist asked me what I was up to a few moves before the end on my first go on the day, I then dropped it a few moves later, literally touching the last hold.

Still no excuses, respect the rock even if it's polished and drilled choss.

Anyway, I've got a faulty brush stick to return and more 'novel' link ups to do.

Superb Jack. Back on it after the leg/ankle...

Kingy

• forum hero
#15 Re: Hatchlink 8B+ Parisellas
March 01, 2019, 05:41:27 pm
Three cheers for novel link-ups!!  :w00t: :clap2:

Doylo

• forum hero
#16 Re: Hatchlink 8B+ Parisellas
March 01, 2019, 06:01:42 pm
Three cheers for novel link-ups!!  :w00t: :clap2:

And internet climbers  :clap2:

jamesturnbull97

• addict
#17 Re: Hatchlink 8B+ Parisellas
March 01, 2019, 07:44:23 pm
Finishing up Upper cut from this would surely be the obvious thing to top so it tops out as well?

User deactivated

• stalker
#18 Re: Hatchlink 8B+ Parisellas
March 01, 2019, 09:33:38 pm
Finishing up Upper cut from this would surely be the obvious thing to top so it tops out as well?

Yeah that'd be cool, easier way to top out front to back would be on Pilgrimage, not sure why I didn't, wouldn't add any difficulty at all really. Unfortunately topping out from end of this does, Upper cut is hard, it isn't just pulling over the lip and after god knows how many moves it was too much of an ask for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal