UKBouldering.com

Emily Harrington climbs Golden Gate (Read 7142 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#25 Re: Emily Harrington climbs Golden Gate
November 11, 2020, 06:35:26 pm
Nice one Shark  :clap2: You have changed the thread title from one which celebrates Emily H being able to climb GG in under 24hrs into one which celebrates her being able to climb it, period.  An improvement?

Fuck it. Let's have a daily thread: "Emily Harrington gets out of bed". Go Emily! Crushed it!

Wood FT

• forum hero
#26 Re: Emily Harrington climbs Golden Gate
November 11, 2020, 07:39:38 pm
Off-topic, but it really is mind-boggling what an achievement by Lynn Hill it was to free-climb the Nose in a day back in 1994. I went to Disney World in 1994, I'd like to think we were both as psyched as each other that year.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#27 Re: Emily Harrington climbs Golden Gate
November 12, 2020, 12:07:33 am
It's still up there with one of the most impressive climbing feats ever, regardless of gender.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#28 Re: Emily Harrington climbs Golden Gate
November 12, 2020, 09:34:02 am
Nice one Shark  :clap2: You have changed the thread title from one which celebrates Emily H being able to climb GG in under 24hrs into one which celebrates her being able to climb it, period.  An improvement?

Its an improvement on your original which wrote Lynn Hill out of the history books

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#29 Re: Emily Harrington climbs Golden Gate
November 12, 2020, 11:32:31 am
The news is that Harrington has done it in a day. Only Honnold, Coldwell and Gobright have done it before and loads of others have failed, Jordan Cannon, the young bloke from that Free as Can Be film, for example, didn’t do it last week despite having support from Honnold. It’s more than five years since Harrington first climbed the route. That’s not the news.

Mad how this thread is a combination of tutting at journalists for inaccurately titling their articles and indifference to how accurate the title of this thread about the same thing is.

erm, sam

• forum hero
#30 Re: Emily Harrington climbs Golden Gate
November 12, 2020, 12:04:44 pm
In fairness to Shark he corrected the title to the one I suggested. I was obvs more bothered at addressing the general issue of the ignominious title than ensuring I suggested the perfect alternative one.

seankenny

• forum hero
#31 Re: Emily Harrington climbs Golden Gate
November 12, 2020, 12:37:39 pm
Mad how this thread is a combination of tutting at journalists for inaccurately titling their articles and indifference to how accurate the title of this thread about the same thing is.

Just goes to show hard hard being a subeditor actually is.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#32 Re: Emily Harrington climbs Golden Gate
November 12, 2020, 06:56:25 pm

Its an improvement on your original which wrote Lynn Hill out of the history books

Not really Shark, since I asked you to make an accurate change, and you declined, twice.

At least I only got it wrong once.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#33 Re: Emily Harrington climbs Golden Gate
November 17, 2020, 02:59:14 pm
Jordan Cannon, the young bloke from that Free as Can Be film, for example, didn’t do it last week despite having support from Honnold.

He’s done it now.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal