UKBouldering.com

Heroes, Baslow (Read 2182 times)

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Heroes, Baslow
February 21, 2019, 03:46:38 pm
(Tried posting on the previous thread but it doesn't seem to show up in the forums anymore)

Old thread.
https://ukbouldering.net/board/index.php/topic,21274.msg509216/topicseen.html#msg509216

B3n99's pic from previous thread.

Did this for the first time on the weekend. Lovely climbing. Curious about the consensus on these variations.

After watching some video beta, our group all climbed it like the photo (but with toe hooks rather than heel). Seems like the most obvious line, and uses both sides of the prow. Also seemed like soft 7A.

I read through the comments, but is there actually a well defined 7B version or are people just trying to preserve the grade by giving different names to different sequences?

Seems a bit confusing to have two lines on this bit of rock - Heroes and Heroines - which use lots of the same holds.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 03:53:34 pm by r-man »

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#1 Re: Heroes, Baslow
February 21, 2019, 03:49:14 pm
Nice to see you at the weekend Robin.

Nice also to watch Hession make this look like The Island until you sensibly pulled up a beta video  ;)

joel182

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: Heroes, Baslow
February 21, 2019, 06:46:38 pm
I climbed it like in 3m10s in this video (which I take to be Heroines?). Felt like 6c+/soft 7a to me

Never tried it staying further right, as the landing seemed a lot worse and couldn't really figure out a sequence from looking at it anyway.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#3 Re: Heroes, Baslow
February 21, 2019, 08:38:44 pm
I've done it like on the video and also a variation going even further left up the sidewall from the flat crimp, I thought these were Heroes & Heroines but suspected Heroes originally went up the prow proper before this easier sequence was found, they both felt soft though so maye I should have thought otherwise.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal