the shizzle > sponsors

Lake District Bouldering: the LakesBloc guidebook

(1/12) > >>

cofe:
Since 2016 we've been working on a Lake District bouldering guide with Greg Chapman (whom many of you will know), the guy behind LakesBloc. Given Greg started LakesBloc back in 2003, you could say this guide has been 16 years in the making. We're finally at the point where we're pretty confident we'll go to print in the next month or two. Final changes are being made (getting rid of the last few holiday grades, that kind of thing) and we're hoping to have finished books in early May.

At the last count the book was 560 pages, with just shy of 3,000 individual problems, plus plenty of linkups and variations. There are over 700 photo topos plus maps etc. We've put some OS maps in for some of the mountain crags. It's a phenomenal effort by Greg, documenting all this stuff.

We've just put a pre-order offer up on our website (click the cover image): pre-order for £30 inc. UK P&P and we'll chuck in a free Lapis brush (the nice wood ones) with the first 100 orders.

I'll stick a few more images up shortly ...

36chambers:
 :dance1:  :dance1:  :dance1:  :dance1:

Psyched out of my mind for this. I'm also so happy that it's not landscape :strongbench:

tomtom:

Doylo:
Good work Greg. Anyone who’s ever used Greg’s free PDFs over the years should feel obliged to buy this.

Bradders:
Ordered. Never been more excited for a book!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version