UKBouldering.com

Esoteric ‘backwater’ lifetime grit tick list (Read 35205 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
I particularly like that this thread is basically just "spreading the fertiliser of this valuable commodity [the blog post] on the homogenous biomass of the community at large".

I for one welcome the addition of this Dan commodity to the climbing marketplace.

user deactivated

Exactly, a satire of a parody of a parody. At no point is any of this lost on me, or is it?

user deactivated

I think I’m leaning on the TT side of this, obv you can write what you want no bother, but I think people maybe engage more with the self effacing style of parody over the taking the piss out of people just trying to do something fun in a mostly harmless manner. Not that we are all above parody by any means, but yeah maybe given some of the other stuff you have said the blunt ‘macroaggressions’ fall a little flat.

But each to their own, I’m sure some will get a kick, more power to you!

All fair points Monk, I’ll keep the vitriol and piss taking down to a subliminal state next issue. Like the cinema experiment in fight club. 

monkoffunk

• forum abuser
  • sponsored by 90% lindt and vitamin D
I certainly don’t want to be overly critical or limit your creativity (I’m sure I couldn’t).

Yossarian

• forum hero
Couldn’t you just start a podcast, record a few episodes, get it out of your system...?

user deactivated

Who do you think I should interview?

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
I suspect you have enough to say on your own, without the assistance of a likely bemused interviewee [climbing equivalent of Chris Morris's discombobulating Blue Jam?].

Yossarian

• forum hero
Who do you think I should interview?

Alain Robert

user deactivated

The Human Fly?

I have zero interest in anyone of interest

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Klem Loskot and David Graham would be obvious selections... perhaps best interviewed at a decent pub with a big open-hearth fire and good ale, after having been made to climb in horrible conditions at a mossy, scrittly, and esoteric bouldering venue....   

user deactivated

Stop trying to subvert me Moose

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones

user deactivated

Another daY another bLog. On a literal rampage of failing to Onsight any routes this Year I haD a visit to King Ina’s classic - inaccessible. And celebrated an early repeat by Calibos from Clash of the Titans. A well known Barnsley figurehead

https://thelifetimeesotericticklist.wordpress.com/2019/05/09/inaccessible-all-hail-king-ina/

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
That's a fair bit higher than I got. Pumpy!

user deactivated

Sorry, fake news. I’d already popped off when I blew the move to the break. The camera just missed it 😂. Had to redpoint it after.

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
Lovely looking tree on top.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
I wished I'd known that, I might have tried a bit harder.

user deactivated

Known about the tree?

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
That wouldn't surprise me with JB  :)

user deactivated

Soooooo, the editing team here at UFCK base are canvassing opinion on the MateRial so far. BeinG as UkB proviDE the only readership Base this seemed a good place to start. What do people think. It appears to be in line with Will’s Global CliminG worlD view. Yet go straight over The heads of Tomtom and Many others. What would people like to see more of. PlaNned in the Next issue.

UFCK lifestyle- recipe’s on a budgeT with our editor in cheiFs all time favourite- ‘wah u wah?’ ‘Playt ‘O shit?’ Flapjack
And instantaneous enema Quinoa salaD

There Will be a serieS of NON interviewS with ToP BriTish SporT climBers, hagandas alternatives and StaFfordshire baseD Wisemen. We will literally transport U all Back to the Halcyon days of corporal and Capital Punishment, the Miners StriKe and Gadaffi at the height of his Powers

user deactivated

Now then now then I’ve just received a text from Slarty Bart Fast, editor in chief at UFCK and his partner in crime the DuDNoiD that a new interview is due to be published. Under great duress from a Wicker Gimp basket in the DuDnoiDs power Cave the self-styled, self-proclaimed, self-righteous extremely strenG Lancashire Power House. JjjjjjjjjAckPaL

user deactivated

Being hassled to share this, sorry guys, spider, Duma, t-stubb etc I know u don’t dig this stuFf

https://thelifetimeesotericticklist.wordpress.com/2019/05/13/lancashirepowerhouse-aka-streng-as-fuc/

Duma

• forum hero
I've no problem with anything you post on your own threads Dan

user deactivated

Cheers Duma, that’s much appreciated. I’ve stopped all that silliness now and will be fully into Power Club posts and keeping it a positive vibe. 👍

user deactivated

A strangely unpopular route and unfortunately one to go back for after blowing the onsight it was simply Unbearable PaiN

https://thelifetimeesotericticklist.wordpress.com/2019/05/19/the-pain-the-pain/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal