UKBouldering.com

Spring has Sprung Club 467 11th - 17th Feb (Read 10430 times)

Bradders

• forum hero
Just watched that video. Is it me or is he definitely using a soaking wet hold for the right hand... :chair:  :worms:

Well he's using the same pebble I did and it 100% looks to be in the wet streak...  :slap:

Also just carrying on to the top is about VS and very pleasant climbing.

I'm not a bloody trad climber.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I remember soloing The Crease once on a hot and greasy day along with loads of other things up there, going back later  in cooler conditions and doing Crease Direct above a pad, having a right wobble on the top section and having to downclimb and reverse the Crease. Amazing when you don't have the right head on sometimes.

Herbert

• regular
I think most of the bouldering on Portland is pretty good quality rock, but still a bit grim in terms of problem quality. The stuff at the bill is pretty good I think, particularly stuff like Force Majeure, but it’s definitely dependant on the sea conditions. It’s great there on a summer day when it’s dry but sheltered from the heat.

I'd add The Terrace right hand to the list of worthwhile Portland in the 7A/+ bracket. There's some good stuff mixed in with the rubbish I think.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal